Foonf, take #2

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It seemed most weren't fond of the idea.

Most who?

Some engineers for some brands have indicated it's not a problem, some have said it could be, as far as I've heard. None of them seemed too familiar. But if people call, they're going to get a cs rep who doesn't know what the heck they're getting at most of the time, and I'm betting response will vary by what rep you get that day, not very helpful.

IMO, if Clek doesn't want to allow it they should not allow it, not do this kind of dodge.

caritas

Most who?

Some engineers for some brands have indicated it's not a problem, some have said it could be, as far as I've heard. None of them seemed too familiar. But if people call, they're going to get a cs rep who doesn't know what the heck they're getting at most of the time, and I'm betting response will vary by what rep you get that day, not very helpful.

IMO, if Clek doesn't want to allow it they should not allow it, not do this kind of dodge.

car manufacturers.

She sounded as if they had put some work into finding out an answer and only one fully approved it and the rest didn't really approve or fully disprove.

I dunno.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The problem is that most ”disapprovals” probably aren't fully informed, they're cya; others might not be but how can a consumer even get an answer, cs isn't going to know.

If they don't want the liability, fine. If they only want to approve it for some brands, fine. But don't throw the burden on the consumer, yk?

It's not what I expect of Clek. I'd rather they give a straight no if they can't stand behind it because of car manufacturer response.

Blondie87

My pics!

Judi taking pics-
20120809_172603.jpg

20120809_172619.jpg

Jess installing the Foonf with Stephanie-
20120809_171522.jpg

20120809_171539.jpg

20120809_171630.jpg

Judi and Stephanie installing the Two way elite-
20120809_172242.jpg

Pic from looking behind in the drivers seat-
20120809_172342.jpg

My view in the rear view mirror-
20120809_172334.jpg

Everyone standing around. Vera is behind Jess-
20120809_172517.jpg

I thought I had a pic when Vera knelt down with Judi but I guess not.

Blondie87

Yes, but she also said it wouldn't be in the manual. Was wondering the that info should be shared. Remember, I had some Blonde talking my ear off.

Wow.. lol. Maybe if you weren't on your phone so much too!

I had a few and far between blonde moment and asked Vera if we could RF tether with the anti rebound bar, and she said "Well, you wouldn't really need to since they do the same thing." But she didn't say anything about not being able to RF tether.

Judi, what is her email? When I asked her if you were able to choose your cover when getting it through the tech discount, she said she wasn't sure since Chris hasn't made up his mind yet, so to email her the question. But I don't have her email.

atw

I've always thought I wanted the black now I know! Very cool and informative, thanks. And again, I'm super hopeful they *dont* go to a no rethread unless it operates independent of the head test.

did I miss any overall impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bnsnyde

I'm disappointed it's so tall. There is no way I'd buy it and block my view. RF and FF it's just too tall! Just no way, given the Frontier85 is an alternative (that will even last longer!) for our FF kids. And our kids can RF to 4 or 5 in the Radians, which don't block my view in the least.

I am so bummed they made it so high. If not for that...

soph's mom

KaysKidz said:
I still don't like it...at least in a sedan. :( It puts the child MUCH too high up for my liking. Picturing a roll over and the roof being crushed with a baby that high :(

This was my initial though and still is... I'm thinking I'll stick with a radian and move to a frontier if need be. I love the foonf bc of the safety technology and, ok I'll say it, because it's new but I think I can get my dd rf to 4 or 5 in a radian when she outgrows what she has. I wouldn't be able to see anything behind me with that seat and would only be able to place it in the middle so with plans on trying for number two the first of the year we wouldnt be able to move our oldest rf kid to the outside...

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Wow.. lol. Maybe if you weren't on your phone so much too!

I had a few and far between blonde moment and asked Vera if we could RF tether with the anti rebound bar, and she said "Well, you wouldn't really need to since they do the same thing." But she didn't say anything about not being able to RF tether.

Judi, what is her email? When I asked her if you were able to choose your cover when getting it through the tech discount, she said she wasn't sure since Chris hasn't made up his mind yet, so to email her the question. But I don't have her email.

I will send it to you. Oh, and :p.

I've always thought I wanted the black now I know! Very cool and informative, thanks. And again, I'm super hopeful they *dont* go to a no rethread unless it operates independent of the head test.

did I miss any overall impressions?

it is tall. It can be a drawback. It also can be a good thing, just depending on the location of the seat. I wish it didn't have parts. I am not good with parts. I love how well made the head rest is. I love that the bottom seat cover can be taken off for washing and that is opened up the belt path so nicely.

Last edited:
Reactions: atw

bnsnyde

The cover can't come off? Poop, vomit, etc. Yuck! But at least the bottom comes off.

And if the fabric is THAT high tech it can deflect poop, urine, and vomit, then it's toxic. :(

I just asked Clek if they'd come out with a cover that's non-toxic. Orbit does it. Britax is going to do it by the end of the year (at least without flame retardants). If Clek could get on board, I'd be thrilled!

My reasoning was that if there are seats that DON'T use known harmful chemicals, I'd rather buy those given a choice. So I'm kind of thrilled Britax is leaning that way.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
They are the same material as cars use. The cover should just wipe clean. My dogs get muddy paw prints in my car, and it wipes right up.

Kat_Momof3

I LOVE IT! much like britax seats, it sits high, but then, not everyone drives the same car. I wish they would make a second baseless option (cause I love this one for bigger vehicles)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
From someone who has a Radian and a FR85 cover in the wash from vomit right this moment, I can say with complete certainty that any seat that can be vomited on and not washed, would be trashed. I just had to scrub my vehicle seat and carpet from projectile vomit. There was no 'wiping' it clean. It still stinks. And I've scrubbed it 2x WITH soap and water. Can't imagine a child seat (cover) that can't go in the wash. Even vinyl...(think high chairs) all the nooks and crannies that hold nastiness....EEEEEEWWWWWW. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC