Foonf, take #2

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yesterday, I got to see Foonf 2.0. I will be showing pics of both. The green is 1.0, black is 2.0. There will be a couple more changes from 2.0.

Harness heights, without compression are 10" to 17". With compression, 10.5" to 17.5". RF to 45 lbs, FF to 65 lbs.

Changes so far:

- Latch anchors for rear facing now come from seat, not the wedge.
- Storage for latch is in the front of the seat.
- There will be RFing lock offs. There are not on this prototype.
- Headrest is farther back.

Now for a few pics.

Gap 1.0 VS 2.0. The headrest actually rubs the seat a little when it is all the way down.

_MG_9456.jpg
IMG_0650.jpg

The back:

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

Take off the cover, and here is what you see:

IMG_0647.jpg

Under the seat cover:

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Side view:

IMG_0643.jpg

In action:

FR85, RF Foonf, RF TWE:

IMG_0635.jpg

FF Foonf, FR85:

_MG_0630.jpg

TWE VS Foonf:

IMG_0638.jpg

TWE, 23"

IMG_0642.jpg

Foonf, 26"

IMG_0641.jpg

Blondie87, Whataboutpuppy and Caritas!

IMG_0634.jpg

Caritas went today to see it again. Her pics can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3508974094383.2121179.1572750003&type=1

ADS
S

SoCalCarSeatMama

The white shell was really the one thing making me say "I would never buy this seat." But I could totally see myself having this black shelled foonf in the midst of my black (and red) car seat collection.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Thank you Clek for appeasing my picky vain side and making a seat that actually looks halfway decent from the back. It bugs me seeing the ugly backside of seats for 4 years. :p

finn

It doesn't have a non-re-thread harness?

While it is taller than the TWE, the TWE can be used rf until the ears are inline with the top of the shell, and the foonf has the 1 inch rule right? I wonder if that makes any difference in longevity?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

While it is taller than the TWE, the TWE can be used rf until the ears are inline with the top of the shell, and the foonf has the 1 inch rule right? I wonder if that makes any difference in longevity?

I looked at that too, but I'm guessing useable height is about the same, or at least less than one inch different. Hard to tell without a kid in both of course.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Any more info on rf tethering?

I have emailed Vera to verify.

Not a non-rethread. I agree with Anne, it would last about the same time.

What are those red tabs on the side of the back? Are those to take that back cover off?

Lock offs. I got to play as I was putting it in Vera's car.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ooh, I'll bet you're right.

I hope the cover is not too hard to get off. The one on the Coccoro is similar to the one on the Safe Seat, and I lost both of those. :rolleyes:

It is super simple. I was taking pics of the front, and Jess took of the back, and said, "hey, look!". Just twist the knob.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I still don't like it...at least in a sedan. :( It puts the child MUCH too high up for my liking. Picturing a roll over and the roof being crushed with a baby that high :(

caritas

Judi, didn't Vera say she thought we were going to be able to RF tether too?
She said it wouldn't come with a D-ring by default because they want us to contact our car manufacturer for approval to do so, and then call Clek for a D-ring.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, but she also said it wouldn't be in the manual. Was wondering the that info should be shared. Remember, I had some Blonde talking my ear off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC