Tell Me About NHTSA Ratings

ADS

Brianna

I'm not a tech, but i don't agree with all of those ease of use ratings. I've learned some installation techniques here that make some seats easier to install and use than before I found this site.

Is there a particular seat you're interested in purchasing?

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I take it with a grain of salt, especially since they rated seats very differently; ie the same Graco seat with different covers had two very different ratings.

Cookie Pants

Nope not looking for a seat. Just researching safety standards. I found this board recently and decided to become more aware of the different bits of safety info out there. These NHTSA ratings seem odd to me so I wanted advice. They almost have a Consumer Reports flavor to them because IMO it does depend on the installer for how simple something is to use/install.

Brianna

The ratings you're looking at aren't safety ratings, just ease of use. If a seat is easier to use correctly then it's more likely to be installed and used correctly. I don't agree with all the ratings. For example, I find it very easy to buckle a child rear facing into an Evenflo Triumph Advance, yet it only has 3 stars in that category.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

creideamh

The TF is also really highly rated, and I HATED installing that thing.
I wouldn't think much of it. Like PPs said, it's more how your car and the car seat are going to mesh... not every seat fits well in every car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC