oobr

Baylor

Is it a comfortable booster? The seat looks like its hard? And is it long or on the short side. The Literider is bugging ds1 lately. I figured I might get one of these and ditch a few other seats...

TIA

ADS

gsdguenter

I think it's one of those boosters that your LO will either find really comfortable, or not. The seat in shallow and it can bug some kids, but not others.

DD1 loves her Oobr. But, I prefer it in our car rather than van because I feel her legs aren't as "dangly", if that makes sense lol. She hasn't complained of the seat depth, but I know it's short, and she is small.

luckyclov

I think it depends on the kid. Some love it. Some hate it.

My DS1 was one who hated it...and I mean hate it to the point he'd start crying (at age 7) out of frustration because he was so uncomfortable. He said it made his back hurt and no matter how hard we tried to adjust it and adjust him, he would always end up in this position with his chest awkwardly poking out (that also happened in the X-Fix we briefly had). There's not much leg support, either...though you could always place a foam cooler on the vehicle floor or something else, depending on the child's height.

luckyclov

On the flip side, however, my DS1 (now 9 1/2) rides in an Olli and Ozzi and has zero complaints whatsoever, not even (lack of) leg support.

The Oobr isn't especially tall. My 49.5" DD has outgrown it.

cookie123

I don't know if the seat is hard but I think it's a real cushion, not a thin cover over plastic. I've only seen it in the store briefly once.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I just saw an Olli in person for the first time, and I was surprised at the padding. It's like 2" of comfort foam. My kid has never complained about her Turbo which is plastic with a layer of fabric, so I'm sure the Clek cant be much worse than that. :)

monstah

Yeah, the Oobr has a real cushion to it. It's basically a vehicle seat scaled down for kids. My DS picks the Oobr over other boosters and tells me it's very comfortable. (But he would pick a slab of concrete over the Oobr if it had a ninja painted on it. :p

bnsnyde

A 49.5 inch child outgrew the Oobr? Aw. My son is 48 inches and I always thought in a year or two I'd like one. He just turned 6 but would be over 50 inches in a year or two. But it sounds like it's way too short to make it really worth it, whatever his torso. And they are so nice looking! Doesn't sound like the Oobr is very tall.

When did others outgrow it?

christineka

The oobr's belt guide is 21ish inches. It's not a short booster. My kids hated it and told me it was extremely uncomfortable. I hear there are kids that like it, though.

firemomof3

I still have dd1 in the Oobr for long car rides (anything over an hour) because she falls asleep. The headrest is on the top setting but she still has a little growing room. DD1 has very long legs (wears a size 10pants) but doesn't ever complain :confused:

Baylor

I like the Probooster. It just is tippy in every car except dhs explorer.

It fits ds1 great but it's driving him nuts.

Ds2 has been doing awesome in the GN in booster mode I have in my car for ds1 and I'm thinking ahead. I have 2 GN 1 fr85 1 pb and 1 Literider.

I'm fine with ds1 in the lbb but he says it's getting more and more uncomfortable.

I wish I could see one in person. Any stores that keep them in stock?

Ds1 is 52 inches but not a big torso. He still fits harnessed in fr85. He's leggy and thin.

auto correct hates me

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
My 10yo is 4'8 1/2" and fits with room to grow in the Oobr. He doesn't like it (mostly because he 5-steps in my car) but my 7yo likes it. I think it's one of the tallest highbacks out there.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I now officially have an Oobr on the way to my house. My kid better like it :p

My kids have like magical torsos, because they fit into boosters they shouldn't.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
One of their big things is the "no numb bum" design of the cushion. It's supposed to be really comfy from a cushion perspective, aside from the shallow seat depth. My 10 year old cousin used mine backless while they were visiting and she looooooved it compared to the Literider they were traveling with, and said it was even more comfy than the Parkway she uses backless at home.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
IIRC, you have an issue with Diono, but if you can get past that, you should consider the Monterey. Especially if you can find one with the old belt guide. They're kinda awesome.

Kat_Momof3

I would have an oobr if I could... for short legged long torso kids like my daughter was until she finally sprouted some legs, it's awesome... and I've had an olli and the cushioned seat is amazing... you just don't quite get why it's worth what it is till you get your hands on a clek seat.

My solution for kids who want foot support would be the same as I offered Ruthie in the Vivo (she ended up not wanting it and propping her heels on the vehicle seat in front of her)... a light foot stool.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC