Adding a small piece of velcro to crotch buckle?

Keeyamah

I'm getting a little tired of losing my True Fit's crotch buckle under my son as he climbs/slides into his seat. Can I put a bit of the scratchy side of velcro to the buckle, I was thinking just above the red button, so it will "attach" to the cover? I know it cause a wear spot on the cover, but I'm not really worried about that, as he will be in this seat until it expires in 2015 (unless he does somehow outgrows it, then it will be his baby brother's seat until 2015). Thoughts?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wouldn't bother me at all. I'm thinking of getting another set of Lula Clips to hold the crotch buckle away (I think that would work).

Wendy

Keeyamah

Thank you, Wendy :)

Those might work, but we'll be running to the craft store for some velcro soon anyways. But I still might get a set for his and baby bro's harnesses. They would help us all keep things untangled (which seems to be a specialty of my DH and the Scenera straps, lol). His TF straps like to get crossed over each other behind him too.

DMS721

Wouldn't bother me at all. I'm thinking of getting another set of Lula Clips to hold the crotch buckle away (I think that would work).

Wendy

What are Lula Clips? I'm forever digging around to get my DS straps out from under himon his Advocate.

Dawn

cookie123

That looks like a great product. I hated when they started making the Snugrides with the extra loops because then the harness didn't lengthen enough to drape the harness tongues over the sides. That seems like it would work okay for the crotch strap too if it would be magnetic? I don't know about that. Let us know how it works if anyone tries it.

DMS721

Something you wouldn't need with an Advocate, since there's velcro on the strap and on the cover to hold the straps open already. Though I do like the lula clips better. http://www.lulaclips.com/

Wendy

Our Velcro on the straps doesn't line up correctly?? I've tried numerous times, but the don't hold the straps out of the way at all.

Thanks for the link to those clips. I will check them out.

Dawn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC