In Search Of ISO: Cars 2 vehicles

CommMom

Senior Community Member
DS is WAY into Cars right now, so I'm looking for some of the vehicles to add to his collection. The problem is that I can't seem to find most of the ones he needs without buying big sets that have cars he already has.

I'm looking for the ones that are this size: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10880804
They also come in the single and double packs from TRU & Target, that I know of. Probably other places as well. I'm just looking for the regular ones...not the color changing or with the crash damage or the ones that shoot off the launcher thing.

He's already got: Lightening McQueen, Mater, Finn, Raoul, Francesco, Lewis Hamilton, Sarge, Mack, and one other that I can't remember the name of .

I'm specifically looking for: Holley, Professor Z, Miles Axelrod, Grem, Acer or any of the Radiator Springs gang (could be from 1 or 2).

I'd be open to others as well, so if you've got it, let me know! Primarily looking for things in good/great condition (doesn't have to be perfect, but nothing too destroyed).

ADS

Cryssy Jane

let me look at my target but they had tons of Holley and Miles, I think grem too.

What about fillmore the 70s bus? petrov trunkov? I think those are the newer ones that have recently appeared at my local target.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Our Target only has Lightening, Finn, & Mater. :(

I'd be most interested in Holley, Miles, Grem, & Filmore if they happened to have them.

Cryssy Jane

CommMom said:
Our Target only has Lightening, Finn, & Mater. :(

I'd be most interested in Holley, Miles, Grem, & Filmore if they happened to have them.

Ok. I'll go check tomorrow but in the last week or so they've gotten a bunch here that I wasn't previously able to get individually. The boys are hugely into cars so I'm always on the lookout for the few I don't have.

I'm dying for a Sally, Sheriff, Hudson hornet in race gear and mac

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Ok. I'll go check tomorrow but in the last week or so they've gotten a bunch here that I wasn't previously able to get individually. The boys are hugely into cars so I'm always on the lookout for the few I don't have.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

No place around here has any variety in terms of the single cars. I found a couple of the other racers at our TRU, but basically none of the main characters. DS is so into it now that I'd happily pay somebody to ship them to me, lol.

I might have seen a Mac here though. DS has had one for a while (the one from the second movie where the billboard on the side changes). I'll look next time I'm out to see if anybody is still carrying him.

CarseatDiva

I am almost positive I could find our Sally, Hudson hornet, and sheriff. The boys go back to school tomorrow So I will try to find these guy.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Disney Store online has a bunch of the smaller sets and individuals on sale, plus and extra coupon code: http://www.disneystore.com/cars/mn/1000012/

ETA: example: Ape and Prof Z "set" for $2.79 after the 30% off CARS30 coupon code.

I got 5 sets total (one was a 7 piece set of Cars 2) for $20.69 shipped. Yes, I'll have duplicates, but it's no big deal; DS loves them all anyway. And I got wasabi Mater + the sushi chefs so that's a cute set.

My breakdown:

Ape and Professor Z Cars 2 Die Cast Car Set -- 2-Pc. $2.79

Ape and Tomber Cars 2 Die Cast Car Set -- 2-Pc $2.79

Disney Cars 2 Deluxe Figure Play Set -- 7-Pc. $3.50

Wasabi Mater Cars 2 Die Cast Car $2.79

Sushi Chefs Cars 2 Die Cast Car Set -- 2-Pc. $2.79

Plus $4.50 shipping but that's not a deal breaker since the coupon code saved more than that.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Are they the same size, etc. as the other ones though? That's a good deal, but I want to make sure they'll match the ones he's already got.

Cryssy Jane

CommMom said:
Are they the same size, etc. as the other ones though? That's a good deal, but I want to make sure they'll match the ones he's already got.

No. The Disney ones are a little larger than the target ones. I have some of each I could take pix of.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
OK, I got my order from Disney Store last night. One of the boxes opened so I touched them (lol, they're for Christmas so I don't want to really open them). I feel like they're better made, maybe, than the Target ones (which I think we have a million of, lol. They're all die cast metal versus the plastic-y of the Target ones. They feel heavier. The wasabi Mater is definitely a little bigger, but the other ones look more the same. I have the Target version of one of the vehicles in the 7-piece set, so if I can find it I'll take a side-by-side pic.

All in all, not bad for $20 shipped.

EFCD1451-8F64-45E3-8229-F2E3C4C98CE7-4220-0000071EE6AE9890.jpg

ETA: sorry for the weird pic on the bed but I was trying to take a pic before DS was wondering where I was, lol

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Thanks! I wonder if I should order him a set for Christmas so he could have some "nicer" ones but keep searching for the others for now. I'm a little worried about him playing with heavier ones right now, since he likes to "race them" down my wood floored stairs. I'd rather not have dents in my flooring.

CommMom

Senior Community Member

I looked this weekend and our TRU has [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cars-Quick-Changers-Transforming-Transporter/dp/B0060RZGT2"]this Mack[/ame] (which is the one DS has had for a while too). It fits the regular sized race cars.

Ok, so I found a few this weekend and he now has Grem, Acer, Professor Z, Nigel, & Lewis as well.

I'm still really looking for Holly & Miles or some of the other racers or the Radiator Springs gang. It looks like I could get a few on Amazon, but if somebody had used ones they were looking to get rid of I'd be happy to pay you a bit for them. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC