I know this has been done..

libranbutterfly

But I cant find it. Looking for three acrosses for the third row of a caravan/town & country. I am getting a second three seat bench and will need to fit six kids in the van on occasion.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

libranbutterfly

Thanks! I have a '99 but will give some of these a try. Kids I will be transporting are:

K, 7, 57 lb, booster
M1, 6, 61 lb, booster
A, 6, 52 lb, booster or harness
M2, 4, 42 lb, harnessed
W, 20 months, 28 lb, rf if at all possible (he is ff at home but mom trusts my judgement for my car)
R, 6 months, 14ish lbs, rf

And seats currently available:
Harmony literider-clip is broke but if it makes this work I'll buy another one.
2 evenflo big kids
1 turbo booster
1 radian 80, rf to 33 lb
2 classic marathons, one rf to 33 lb and other 35
Graco snugride 30

I wanted to get a frontier for middle dd but there really isnt going to be room the majority of the time, so i probably wont. May try m2 in a maestro, it isnt too expensive at least. I don't know how long I'll have m1 & m2, mom keeps taking them other places then bringing them back, so dont want to spend too mych on seats for them.

Last edited:

libranbutterfly

Any narrow seat that m2 could use for now that also rf to higher limits? I am not sure of his torso height right now but i know he still fits in the radian & marathon

libranbutterfly

I am going to try this sunday, of course i only have one third row seat so far.

Third row ff radian/ff marathon/big kid booster
Second row big kid booster/snugride 30/rf marathon

I'll try to remember to post results

jordansmom

Do you have top tethers in all seating positions? Knowing where you have TT will probably help a tech guide you some more...good luck and have fun playing!

momtoo3

That was my old thread that was linked above. What ended up working well was:
3rd row: backless Big Kid, FF Scenera, backless Big Kid
2nd row: FF CarGo, RF Tribute, RF MA70 or RF TFP

I current have my 3rd row: FF CarGo, FF Scenera, Cosco Ambassador/HiRise

I have discovered that:
The Cosco Ambassdor/ HiRise nbb is narrower and fits better in a 3 across.

The Evenflo Tribute is great in a 3 across.

The MyRide is also great in a 3 across, especially when the MR is FF in the middle. I was able to get a MR in the middle of the 3rd row with a BK on either side.

I haven't tried the MA70 FF in the 3rd row of my van but it does work in the tight 3 across in dh's car with a booster on either side.

I would try
3rd row:
BK (K), FF MA (M2), BK (M1)
2nd row:
RF MA (R or W), RF RN (R or W), TB (A)

or if that 2nd row doesn't work maybe get a Tribute from Walmart ($50 or less) and try RF Tribute (R or W), RF MA (R or W), FF RN (A)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC