Question No tether anchor in 2000 Chevy Tracker

J

jamlsull

This is my Mother's car. She doesn't need to drive my daughter around often, but we want her to be the safest possible. She has a Cosco Scenera seat.

There are spots in the back ceiling wherer the anchors should go. The dealer said most don't carry these anymore. Auto store said they didn't have anything either.

Anyone have any advice? And if we can't get one, is it better to have the seat on the side vs the middle?

Thanks

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Are you sure on the year? I'm looking at my LATCH manual, and the only years the Chevy tracker is listed is made from 03-04 and it says the tether anchors are 3 square rings on the floor of the cargo area at the liftgage opening, you must remove a plastic cover.

Then I checked the listing for Geo Tracker, and it's listed from 01-03, and there are 3 tether anchors in the tailgate sill for that vehicle.

Starting in model year 2000, vehicles (with some exceptions, but this vehicle shouldn't meet any of these) were required to have them, so yours likely does, they're just a little tough to find. Try those spots and let us know!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC