NEW Baby Jogger City Micro * Target version *

HadleysMom

Update on the Target version of the City Micro :)
I had seen on here a week or so ago that Target had a BJC Micro for an inflated price and I had thought wopwop too bad it's not in my price range. **I sold my Mini to fund my B-Ready double before the free ride event last month and I really miss it!!
ANYWAYS ;) I live near the Salvation Army that Target's headquarters sends all of their sample merchandise to when they are done using it. Just this morning I totally hit the jackpot when I walked in and spotted a brand new charcoal grey City Micro for $90!
When I got it home I was confused because it looked so much like my old City Mini so I thought I should check out pictures of the previous model Micro and compare it to the new Target version Micro since they are more expensive in stores than the old version. The "new" Micro has a fully reclining seat that is lightly padded compared to the old Micro that only slightly reclined. The canopy is now the same as the City Mini with 3 panels/sections with 2 velcro peekaboo windows {Awesome} while the original Micro had a 2 section canopy with 1 open window so it didn't cover as well. The harness adjusters are also the same clips as the City Mini now instead of the sliding harness adjuster. Other new features like on the other 2012 Baby Jogger City strollers are the automatic side lock and deeper swooping bar for easier access to the basket.
Overall, the new Micro is pretty great. The front wheels are still 6 inches with rear 8 inch wheels and there is no PE board to make the seat super straight/ upright but otherwise it's a Mini for $229 instead of $249. Target Red Card 5% discount can also improve the price if you have their card (5% off every purchase using the card) AND if you have an extra 5% off Pharmacy Rewards coupon you could get it for around $200. **to me that's an important consideration since Baby Jogger is always excluded from coupons at other stores

Hope this helps someone. ;)

ADS

Lilybug1

How did you find out that the inside scoop about the Salvation Army with the Target sample merchandise? Also, just wanted to say love your daughter's name, so wanted that name for my little baby but husband refused. To this day, one year later, I look at my girl and say, she could have been a Hadley.

HadleysMom

How did you find out that the inside scoop about the Salvation Army with the Target sample merchandise? Also, just wanted to say love your daughter's name, so wanted that name for my little baby but husband refused. To this day, one year later, I look at my girl and say, she could have been a Hadley.

I found out about the Salvation Army's Target sample floor in the downtown Minneapolis store from a friend that works at Target headquarters. It's the whole bottom floor of the store!
Thanks for the name love ;) Obviously I must have just gotten really LUCKY that my hubs was totally on-board with calling her Hadley.

Mags462

Me thinks i should go take pics at Target of the *new* Micro and compare it to my *old* micro just for comparisons sake :D

sparkle3116

Target Red Card 5% discount can also improve the price if you have their card (5% off every purchase using the card) AND if you have an extra 5% off Pharmacy Rewards coupon you could get it for around $200. **to me that's an important consideration since Baby Jogger is always excluded from coupons at other stores

Hope this helps someone. ;)

I got the Target Red Card recently when my mom told me I could get it as a debit with my regular checking account instead of getting yet another store credit card.

What is the pharmacy rewards coupon, though? Do they expire? Can you use them on multiple items in a single purchase? Thanks!

HadleysMom

I got the Target Red Card recently when my mom told me I could get it as a debit with my regular checking account instead of getting yet another store credit card.

What is the pharmacy rewards coupon, though? Do they expire? Can you use them on multiple items in a single purchase? Thanks!

You can sign up for Pharmacy Rewards at the pharmacy counter and with every 5 prescriptions that you fill you get an extra 5% off for a whole day for whatever you buy in stores and/or online so 10% off total with the Red Card.... it's a great deal if you shop at Target a lot!

wnkw

I sent a text to target (whatever #s are) and got a 10% off code for baby. It was baby4. Haven't tried it, but it should work..

wnkw

wnoelw said:
I sent a text to target (whatever #s are) and got a 10% off code for baby. It was baby4. Haven't tried it, but it should work..

Send baby4 to target(#s). That was kinda confusing

all together ooky

I found out about the Salvation Army's Target sample floor in the downtown Minneapolis store from a friend that works at Target headquarters. It's the whole bottom floor of the store!

If you find another one there, buy it for me! I will drive to wherever and pick it up! Really.

I'm about 40 minutes from Minneapolis.

Athena

Thanks for the scoop! Is it still taller in the torso/head portion? In other words, is the shade/seat taller than the mini, like the old ones were? I can't remember if there was more leg room too.

We love our mini, but the last time I had my 4yo DD in it, she was starting to look tall for it, especially her legs. At her age, we haven't been using it lately, but I'm looking forward to taking walks again in the fall (when it isn't hellishly hot ;)) and wondering if she'll still fit.

Athena

The front wheels are still 6 inches with rear 8 inch wheels and there is no PE board to make the seat super straight/ upright

Anyone know if you can interchange the micro and mini front wheel? I assume the micros have the pocket for the PE boards? Thanks!

HadleysMom

Anyone know if you can interchange the micro and mini front wheel? I assume the micros have the pocket for the PE boards? Thanks!

I have contacted Baby Jogger about the front wheels since 8" for the front would be awesome. I saw a review on Amazon that said that they are interchangeable so I'm hoping!
There is a Velcro pocket for a PE board... are those orderable from Baby Jogger? Too bad you can't D.I.Y. one!

Athena

I have contacted Baby Jogger about the front wheels since 8" for the front would be awesome. I saw a review on Amazon that said that they are interchangeable so I'm hoping!
There is a Velcro pocket for a PE board... are those orderable from Baby Jogger? Too bad you can't D.I.Y. one!

You can order the boards, but I'm sure I've read about people DIYing them. I think you just need to know the dimensions and then cut a piece of thick cardboard or thin wood product stuff (like the kind they often use for the backs of furniture might work) to fit. Anyone here done this?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC