Which booster would you choose?

G8r4evr

Is one a better booster than the other or is it a wash? The new Graco Turbo Booster, versus the HBB Nautilus?

Thanks!

ETA: We have the Nautilus, but I was really drawn to the new TurboBooster with safety surround....."safety surround" just makes me feel all warm and cozy.

ADS

Brianna

The Turbo is more likely to fit a wider range of children, and the Nautilus in booster mode is more likely to fit a child who has outgrown it in harness mode. If you're moving your child to a booster from the Nautilus harnessed, you may as well try it in booster mode to check the fit before looking at other boosters. Also, the Nautilus can be LATCHed in booster mode, the Turbo does not have that option.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

G8r4evr

The Turbo is more likely to fit a wider range of children, and the Nautilus in booster mode is more likely to fit a child who has outgrown it in harness mode. If you're moving your child to a booster from the Nautilus harnessed, you may as well try it in booster mode to check the fit before looking at other boosters. Also, the Nautilus can be LATCHed in booster mode, the Turbo does not have that option.

She seems to fit in the Nautilus booster ok, but I like the sound of safety surround in the new turbo....LOL

She is 48"s and Im waiting on clarification if we can use latch at that weight...the manual says not to, but Im reading some posts that say the 48"s only applies in harness mode...can anyone confirm?

Brianna

We don't know if the Safety Surround on the Turbo makes it any safer because we have no side impact standards. It's possible it does, but it's also possible the Nautilus being LATCHed makes it safer- we just don't know. You can LATCH in booster mode with no weight limit, just pull the slack out though, don't pull as tight as you would to install.

Brianna

carseatcoach said:
From your other posts she is about 4.5? I'd keep her harnessed in the Nautilus.

I didn't notice her age from other posts- I agree, I would keep her harnessed at that age.

G8r4evr

We don't know if the Safety Surround on the Turbo makes it any safer because we have no side impact standards. It's possible it does, but it's also possible the Nautilus being LATCHed makes it safer- we just don't know. You can LATCH in booster mode with no weight limit, just pull the slack out though, don't pull as tight as you would to install.

We dont have latch in the center. Would you go without latch in the center, or use latch and place her behind the driver side?

G8r4evr

From your other posts she is about 4.5? I'd keep her harnessed in the Nautilus.

We are keeping her harnessed in our family car, that she is in 99.5% of the time....but we decided to move her to the booster in my car...which she will only be in for about 3 blocks to school in the mornings =)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Recaro Vivo :D. Fits little kids great, and has way deeper headwings than the Turbo, even the SS (It's just a Turbo, with formed EPS foam on the outside of the shell). Yes, you can use the Nautilus LATCHed in booster mode. Might have us all double check the LATCH manual and make totally sure you can't use LATCH in the middle, sometimes the rules change from year to year.

hesgimenez

Is one a better booster than the other or is it a wash? The new Graco Turbo Booster, versus the HBB Nautilus?

Thanks!

ETA: We have the Nautilus, but I was really drawn to the new TurboBooster with safety surround....."safety surround" just makes me feel all warm and cozy.

DS recently outgrew his GN harness. I'd planned to use it as a booster. He has the WORST time buckling it though. After several days of use I removed it from my car and reinstalled the Regent. So I would not recommend the GN. I'm actually considering the new TB. I like the looks of it and DS seems comfy in it when we've tested it out at Target. Also since it's like his Parkway I know he'd not have a problem buckling in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC