FFing Harnness Height

Kel

I'm wondering if my son who is RFing, will make It FFing until booster age in his RXT. He is 2yrs 3mos. 33.5" and 30#. I think his torso about13''.

I would like to skip the combo seats if possible.

I'm thinking about buying him a 2nd seat for a 2nd vehicle. I could buy another RXT, I really love It. I tried It FFing just to see what It looked like the other day. I really loved how low It sat, It also looks like a big kid seat.

Or I could try a FOONF. Will It last longer FFing than a RN? It's narrow also so thought I might like It, IDK...

I also have a 4mo old to pass seats down to.

Thanks Kelley

ADS

bnsnyde

We've got a 3-year-old RF in the XTSL, and he's 35 lbs. and 38 inches (maybe 39 by now). And he has lots of time RF...

My 6-year-old is 54 lbs. and 48 inches in his FF XTSL. He still fits a bit under the top slots even, though some with his stats won't. I think I prefer to only go up the top slots (though they allow otherwise). But if he went to 53 inches (the max for my seat anyway)...he'd be maybe 7.5! That's a long time!

The Foonf is so high I was worried it would block my view! But that's just me.

Kel

Ok. Thanks! That's great to know. I'm not going to keep worrying about the Foonf then. I don't really like It that much, and my boys love our xrt in camo.

I just kept hearing about how you could RF longer and FF longer also. But I guess If your kids aren't above average, It's really not needed. The RN also installs in seconds in my van, so I'm lucky there.

Thanks again Kelley

zactayaus

My 3yo is about 40", 37lbs and has about a 15.5" torso. He is FF in his RXT and is on the top slots. He has about 1 1/2-2" left before his shoulders are even with the top slots. I'm pretty sure he'll make it to 4 in this seat but I'm not so certain about making it to 5. I don't booster before 5 so if I didn't already have a seat to keep him harnessed in when he outgrows the RXT I'd be purchasing one. Whether or not your ds will make it to booster age in his RXT is going to depend on how fast his torso grows. So basically it's just going to be a wait and see game.

Here's a couple of pics of my ds in his RXT:

2012-06-27180058.jpg

2012-06-27180127.jpg

Kel

Thank You for the pictures. My 3 big boys were all really tall like that. DH is 6'4'', so was real surprised when DS4 turned out to be a pee wee. BUT, I keep thinking he'll take off.
His main thing his shoulders are wide, that's why I got the RXT to begin with. His shoulders were getting squished.

Maybe I'll look up the internal shoulder width of the foonf.

Thanks Kelley

Kel

I went to the foonfs home page and took another look. It didn't show the internal shoulder width.

And It looks like their showing 17.5 top slots. Isn't that the same as the RN's?

Kelley

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC