Frontier in 2008 Dodge Caravan

I searched the site but couldn't seem to find actual answers.

Will a FR 85 work in the 3rd row of a 2008 dodge grand caravan sxt and still leave legroom? I just sold my daughter's radian and bought her a cow frontier. I'd really like to leave one of the captain's chairs empty for easy access to the 3rd row.

ADS

Brianna

If there's not enough legroom with it behind a captain's chair, could you move it to the seat behind the captain's chair that you took out?

luckyclov

With some work, it may work...but the FR85 outboard third row tends to loosen up over time, so make sure you check installs regularly. And use long belt path since there are no outboard tether anchors. TT is required after 65 lbs on the 85. For the record, it installs beautifully in the captains chairs. :)

As far leg room goes, depends on where you have your capt chair adjusted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I am leaving the empty captains chair in, since we will often drive my mom with us to family events, just wanting to leave it empty so there's more room for DD to climb into the back.

I thought about moving my son's radian to the 3rd row and having a RF myride back there next to a RF radian, but I don't know if I could RF tether to the 2nd row?

Does anyone think the FR will be able to be installed in the LATCH position in the 3rd row next to the outboard RF myride, or is the FR too big?

luckyclov

You can RF tether in the 3rd row to the captains chair anchor if that anchor is unused.

I don't have experience with those particular side-by-side installs in the 3rd row, so you may just have to try it and see what you get. I do know that the Radian install relatively hassle-free in the 3rd row RFing.

Our frontier arrived yesterday, and installed pretty darn easily in the 3rd row of our caravan, in the off-center LATCH spot, next to a RF myride that is installed w/ seatbelt outboard.
DD loves it! She took the seat out of the plastic herself, and immediately sat in the seat and starting mooing, which is nice because she acted pretty upset when we sold her flora radian to friends for their 10 month old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC