foonf or swedish seat?

ADS

bubbaray

Well I can (eventually) buy it here, it will have a warranty, I can see/touch cover to choose, etc. and i don't have to deal with the stress of whether it is legal, will get through customs, etc.

And I like that pink cover. LOL.

scariestone

It would really depend on the situation for me. My DS was the rare kid that weights out of seats instead of outgrowing them by height. I actually did end up buying a swedish seat when he was 3. Due to DH's incessant whining I turned him FF when he turned 4 even though I had planned to keep him RF until kindergarten. It wouldn't have happened anyway. He's not going into K until next year and he's 55lbs. Some people would need those 10 extra lbs for RF, most won't. I just hope they carry the foonf at BBB so I can go fondle it sometime. :p

robbertbobbert

Legalities aside, Swedish seat.

Honestly, the more I see of the Foonf, the uglier I think it is. And I just don't think I could handle how high up it sits.

finn

Given that I have two Swedish seats & I only rf until 4, I'd definitely go with a Swedish seat. Plus I think the foonf is kind of ugly :duck: it sits too high for me & you know they'll probably never be released here lol

Aurezalia

Swedish seat - I prefer the TWE over the MT. :)

For a couple of reasons - 55lbs RF'ing, obviously. But I'm not at all a fan of how high the Foonf sits on that base - I much, much, MUCH prefer low-profile seats. Also, the TWE can do this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4C8EnD6Py8"]Extra leg room![/ame]
I just find Swedish seats much more EERF friendly. :)

Malka

Swedish seat - I prefer the TWE over the MT. :)

For a couple of reasons - 55lbs RF'ing, obviously. But I'm not at all a fan of how high the Foonf sits on that base - I much, much, MUCH prefer low-profile seats. Also, the TWE can do this: Extra leg room!
I just find Swedish seats much more EERF friendly. :)

What exactly is going on here? You can brace it against the front seat instead of having it tight against the back of the seat it sits on?

zoecoltsmama

I'm glad to hear you like the TWE, it seams the TWE has the longest rear facing capacity of the swedish seats? I wonder too about the swedish seat makers having all that experience with higher weights rear facing? Maybe they've worked out kinks we will still have to work out as our seats get higher rear facing capacity?

scariestone

What exactly is going on here? You can brace it against the front seat instead of having it tight against the back of the seat it sits on?

The TWE HAS to be braced against the seat in front of it(or the dashboard). Whereas the MT has a bracing foot that braces on the floor of the car. Both are dual tethered though. The engineering on swedish seats is absolutely amazing!

KaiLing

I wish I could say Foonf, but I've got hefty children, so the Foonf doesn't solve my radian 45 lbs RF problem. It may solve my Radian doesn't freakin fit in the car problem.

The Foonf will last longer RFing, plus the install is easier. I will be doing a side by side multitech vs. foonf on Thursday. Look for a thread.

Oh, I'm looking forward to that! Foonf will last longer by height, but not weight (unless they changed it?). My kid would have been out of Foonf in May (when we retired his RF radian), but he's still in the MT with about an inch of torso to go.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It would work in older cars, in the 3rd row, in cars without driver side sensors, and in cars with the passenger side sensor in the seat bottom or track.

Brianna

With that many restrictions, Foonf for me please :) The TWE wouldn't be compatible in my vehicle, and I kind of like my car.

zoecoltsmama

we do have an older car and are not in a position to replace with newer car, hence wanting the absolute safest for longest seat. funny to have a clunker car and a spendy seat I know, but this is how we roll rite now.

atw

zoecoltsmama said:
we do have an older car and are not in a position to replace with newer car, hence wanting the absolute safest for longest seat. funny to have a clunker car and a spendy seat I know, but this is how we roll rite now.

I think that's a good way to roll. I'd pick rf longer over newer car any day!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC