RF Convertible in a Nissan Juke

stephpook

We're traveling to Florida next week with my in-laws and there's a chance I may need to install my daughter's car seat RF in their Nissan Juke. It's a small car. I've put boosters in there before but never any RF seats. I don't have time to try anything out before we go as we'll meet up with them somewhere on the road so I'd like to know ahead of time if I'm going to have any issues. I have a My Ride and a Scenera available. Will I be okay? Are there any installation tips or tricks I should keep in mind? Thanks!

ADS

Angela

We have a juke and it definitely doesn't play well with rf seats. I know the cco will fit, the evenflo triumph at 30 degrees, and the my ride barely in the green. That's with the front seats barely comfortable for me (5'3"). Middle seat doesn't install well due to a hump. Outboard are pretty easy with latch or seatbelt though. No special tricks.

stephpook

Thanks Angela. Do you think it's worth me trying to bring the Scenera just in case or will I be okay with the My Ride? I'm 5'5" and will probably sit in the passenger seat. My MIL is maybe a little over 5 feet and sits pretty far forward when she drives. Any chance I may be able to fit the My Ride behind her?

stephpook

That would be awesome if it's not too much trouble, but please don't inconvenience yourself. My preference is the My Ride because it'll be more comfortable for her, but I'll bring the Scenera if the MR is potentially going to be an issue.

Angela

Tried it out. The scenera fit at a 30 deg angle with the vehicle seat all the way forward. Install wasn't bad. Pool noodles would probably help, but it did install okay without them. Hopefully these pictures are okay. First time I've posted them on the app. I have a few pics on my computer of the my ride I can post as well.

Last edited:

Angela

Here it is with the my ride. Unfortunately, I don't remember where the sear was in this picture. I think it was 3-4 clicks back. I don't have the my ride anymore, so I can't try it again. We're planning on using the triumph in there when the coccoro is outgrown.

Last edited:

stephpook

So did the Scenera take up more room front to back than the My Ride (if you can remember)? I'm really wanting to take the My Ride if I can as I think the baby will be more comfortable in that for a 15 hour trip.

stephpook

Hmmm...I guess it'll be the Scenera after all. We needed it for a 3 across in the third row of our van and there's no room to bring the My Ride as well. Thanks again for all your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC