FR85 or Nauti?

ADS

scariestone

Depends on the size of the child. If the nauti will get the child to booster age I would go with that. It costs a lot less and can also be used as a booster just like the fr85. If the child will need to be harnessed longer than typical or need a super tall booster then the fr85. Clear as mud? :p

gsdguenter

I have both and love both But, I do have to say I like the Nauti if it has the old style buckle. New new style buckle on the Nauti would make me say FR85 all the way.

bethng

FR 85. Love mine! Had a Nauti for about 2 days. It was OK. Nothing to write home about......as my mother used to say.

featherhead

Fr85. My 3 and 5 year olds sleep very well in them. The Nauti was a disaster for my 5 year old, even though I loved the seat otherwise.

kam1011

I'm definitely going to be in the minority here, but I like the nautilus. It's my favorite overall seat.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I like both, but prefer the FR85 because my kids don't get head slump when they sleep. They do in the Nauti.

macmomma

FR85! I had a nauti for a few days..... The new buckle drove me insane, I returned it to the store. I also love out ProSport !

Brianna

Both :) Sort of. J already rides in an Argos and I just bought a Frontier for when he turns 3 and I turn him FF in my car.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I do love my Nautilus. J is 5y4m and is slightly below the 2nd slot from the top, so he should get to at least 6 in it. That's when I feel comfortable boostering.

He rides in a FR85 in his parents' cars though and I love that seat too. If I had money, I'd get two for the boys.

SavsMom

I say FR85, I've had both and really liked the Nauti but the FR85 wins as my daughter prefers it and I like that little extra bit of harness height.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I like the Nautilus just fine, but I like the FR85 better. If price were not a consideration, and both seats fit fine in my car, I'd pick the FR85.

Kayleen

FR85 - had the GN and had horrid head slump with DD. No head slump with FR85. With the 10 harness settings, I can adjust the headwings right where we need them. Relatively easy to install, get a secure fit with the long belt path. Love it!

msg221

I have a FR85 and an Argos, so close enough to a Nauti, and I prefer the FR85. Apparently so does Nour, as she always wants to sit in the FR85 now. The kids just seem more comfy in the FR85 and I like that it will last longer. If it had a no rethread harness like the Argos, then I'd love it even more!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC