Radian harness adjuster issues.

purplemama

DH went to put DS2 in his car yesterday and couldn't get him in the harness. DH knows how to loosen/tighten but came inside telling me it was stuck, that he couldn't loosen it. We ended up having to pry it up with a screwdriver. And then it was super hard to tighten up: tug tuging while pushing my knees in the front of the seat because I had to tug tug so stinkin' hard. And we had to really force the lever back down.
I never loosened/tightened that much when this seat was in regular use. I just left it tight enough. But when I needed to I never had a problem. But the last couple times it's been kinda hard to tighten.
So now DH doesn't trust the seat (and I honestly don't either). And wants the MA65 for DS2 in his car. FF. UGH. Luckily DS2 is a lightweight so I'm not all that concerned.
So what the heck do I do about the Radian? I'm such Diono response will be that I'm doing something wrong. I don't care much for the seat but it filled a need a few weeks ago when I needed to do two teens and DD1 in my third row.
IDK, darn thing.:(

ADS

w1street

Did you uninstall the seat to check if the harness was caught on anything before you pried it loose? I wouldn't trust the seat either now that you use a tool on it. You could have had a problem with the seat to begin with or not, really I have no idea. Either way, I would call Diono and see what they say. If you had to use that much force, you could have done additional damage to whatever was going on especially if the adjuster wouldn't lock back. If that ratchet mechanism won't lock correctly then I wouldn't use it a moment longer.

purplemama

Did you uninstall the seat to check if the harness was caught on anything before you pried it loose? I wouldn't trust the seat either now that you use a tool on it. You could have had a problem with the seat to begin with or not, really I have no idea. Either way, I would call Diono and see what they say. If you had to use that much force, you could have done additional damage to whatever was going on especially if the adjuster wouldn't lock back. If that ratchet mechanism won't lock correctly then I wouldn't use it a moment longer.

The harness caught on something would have nothing to do with the adjuster lever being stuck.

ETA: I've always hated how hard it is to tighten FF. For some reason it's much easier to tighten while RF.

jacqui276

Hm I've never had any issues tightening the harness on mine RFing or FFing. I would call Diono and explain the ordeal and see what they offer as a solution (or potentially a replacement seat if that mechanism failed?).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC