Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician
    I've got an 06 Explorer, with third row seats.

Tuesday I need to put 3 kiddos in my car and tonight I was unsuccessful at getting DDs Nautilus installed tight enough in the 3rd row. The fact that its hot, I'm pregnant and over weight already isn't helping.

I know I can get the Nauti installed.in the center and a RF Radian OB on the passenger side, but the passenger seat is pretty far forward. Is it possible to put a SR35 on the other side of the Nauti? And would I be able to drive safely?

I keep coming up with new options. So I'm just going to throw out kids stats and seats, tell me what you think will work best.

DD 4.5yr, 44lb( maybe even 45)
    Nephew, 17mo, 23LBS
    Niece, 2mo

The seats I have are a Nautilus, 2 Radians and a SR35. Possibley a third Radian, but I'd have to move seats around when I pick them up and I'd prefer to have it ready to go.

Bella, 5yo 46lbs, FF in Nauti and XTSL
    Trace, 2/13, RF in KF30

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: 3 Across help needed

Do you have an Angle ADjuster? That might be the easiest solution if not?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

CPS Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen
    Do you have an Angle ADjuster? That might be the easiest solution if not?
    No, I've tried, but can't ever get my hands on one.

I do not want to do it, but if I can get a Radian in the third row I can put DD there, FF. Or Nephew can be FF, but of course I prefer not to.

Trace, 2/13, RF in KF30

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: 3 Across help needed

Amazon carries them. $15 shipped or so, could be there in a few days.

If you need to use the SR35, baseless would save room in both dimensions.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

CPS Technician
    I need it by Tuesday and can't afford the extra $ for 1 days use. We don't use our Radians RF anymore anyway.

I'm thinking about a FF RN in the third row for Bella, then a 2nd RN, RF, center and the SR OB, passenger side.

And I may try the Nauti again in the third row unless someone says its incompatible. I also never considered LATCH. So that's possible too.

Trace, 2/13, RF in KF30