Boosters w/flat backs

glockchick

What boosters don't push heads forward? I got the ProBooster for Kaleigh and the way the EPS foam is it pushes her head forward and she falls out of position when she sleeps.

I have PWs that are great for sleeping but the belt won't retract in her seating position on the PW.

Is the Vivo belt path similar to the probooster's? The belt does retract just fine on the PB. Does the EPS push the kid's head forward?

Any other recommendations?

please excuse any lack of sense making. Lol. I broke my foot in multiple places on Thursday and on Vicodin for the pain.

ADS

christineka

I haven't had trouble with any of our boosters. The ones not completely expired or discontinued yet are the vivo and the rodi.

rachelandtyke

I have watched DD sleep in her Vivo with no head slump. She stayed in position nicely. I haven't noticed the Turbo pushing her head forward, but I know she hasn't slept in that one.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Oobr is pretty flat, too. The X-Fix actually has an adjustable headrest that the child can tilt back for sleeping.

glockchick

So which would you recommend for an average sized newly 6 year old?

I know the belt will slide smoothly trough the oobr, but it's so expensive. Idk if I should try the Vivo first for that reason or not.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Definitely try the Vivo first. We love our Vivo for sleeping and even for not sleeping!

aeormsby

Another vote for the Vivo. DD is 6.5 and fits great and has never had any issues sleeping in it. (and it's in our truck which has pretty upright seats).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC