wwyd

rachelandtyke

I am sick in bed with this pregnancy due to HG. Up until now, no one besides me or DH has really had reason to transport the kids, but now it would be helpful for others to be able to easily.

DD is a full time booster rider, so she is easy. I had thought about not letting her be full time until she was 7, but she was doing so well, she's been full time for a while. Which I am glad of, because I don't have concerns about her riding with others. She knows how to buckle herself and how things should be.

My quandry is with DS, who is still rfing in our cars. But it will be easier for others in some cases if he is ffing. He turned 3 in June, so I know he's old enough and it's really OK, but it's just having to adjust my thinking.

This week, a friend is going to pick up the kids to watch them for an appointment. The easiest thing is for me to give her both my boosters and my DD and her DD who rides in a Nauti can be boostered, and DS can then be in the Nauti. It will be so much easier than me having to put a seat in her van.

There may be other instances that come up as well.

Would you let him ride ffing with others if need be even if he is still rfing in our cars? I'm glad he's a 3yo when I'm having to think about this and not 2!

ADS

christineka

I would put in a rfing seat for my dd, who just turned 3 in June. The biggest reason why I would do so is because I don't trust anyone in my life to correctly harness a child. Rear-facing is more forgiving of error.

If I knew the person could correctly harness my dd, I'd think a bit on it. I don't know really. Maybe if they were only going to drive at a slow (under 25mph) rate in a residential area, I might be okay with ffing her.

Brianna

I would be comfortable FF a 3 yo, but i don't think RF is any harder than FF.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

babyherder

If you're installing the seat I'd install rf. If someone else is doing it I'd let them install whichever way they're more comfortable/more likely to get it right, even if that is ff.

megan.amarice

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's not a full time switch, just occasional. DD turned 3 a few weeks ago and has been ff in my mother's car for a few months, since she got close to the rf weight limit. DD is only in that car a few times a month, so I didn't feel the need to buy a new seat. That being said, I'm very glad I had already replaced the seats in our vehicles with 40lb seats - I'm not ready to turn her full time!

ElfJewel

As long as I was 100% sure it was installed and used correctly, I would be ok with it. 3 is when I am ok with very occasional FF for my kids.

geekKT

Yes, I am. She is the most car seat knowledgeable of all my friends.

IMO this makes it easy, at least for your friend. Let her put your DS in her Nauti and loan her the boosters, assuming her DD can handle being in one.
This isn't a regular thing and at 3 he is safe in a correctly used FF seat.

For others, it depends on who is installing the seat (me, or them?) and what they are more likely to get right. Either way, I'd be fine with occasional rides FF for a 3 year old.

BTDT with HG. :hug: I think whatever is easiest and the least stress to you is a good option. If that means you'll worry less with him in a RF seat then go for it, but he is still very safe in a correctly used FF seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC