Graco Airbooster

s_kristina

My online research is saying this has the highest back booster out there. Very important for my 5.5 year old dd with a very tall torso and tall for her age. Has anyone seen these in stores? I've looked at 2 Targets, but have yet to see. We also have a small Toys R Us near us. If I can't find it in a local store I'll probably just order it online, but I'd like to let dd sit in it first. Thanks for any store ideas.

ADS

CandCfam

I'm not sure where to find them, but they have a 57" height limit - so, the Britax Parkway and Britax Monarch would be your best bet for fitting taller kiddos - they have a 60" height limit.

ETA: here is where they are being sold, maybe call ahead and find out if a local store has them first, that is if you have any of these stores listed, locally.

skaterbabs

I'm not sure which stores will have it in stock, but Babies R Us had it the last time I was in. It's a REALLY nice seat.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
We have an Air Booster (and love it, btw, but we're using it backless) and I'm almost positive it was taller than our Turboboosters. I don't have the back for the Turbobooster anymore (gave it to my niece) we did have them for comparison at first. It's not a huge difference, and I'm pretty sure there are taller options, but I do think it's slightly taller than the Turbobooster (not to mention much more comfy!)

s_kristina

The pictures I was comparing seats on came from this page http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/boosterfit.aspx That page makes it look like the Air Booster was the tallest. I'd much rather know if that isn't correct, but now I might end up confused again. She is currently in a TurboBooster with it at the top setting and her head is about an inch over the top. She probably would have another year before her ears are level with the top of the head rest part of the seat. If none of the seats are really that much taller she might just stay in the turbo booster until she is totally out of it and hope for the best then. She isn't exactly a little thing so I don't think any of the narrow seats would work well for her. We also hav to think about ds who will probably be outgrowing the Scenera he is in before he is 2 in November. A Regent would be nice for him, but I haven't won the lottery yet so it wouldn't work in our vehicle.

cheerbop

We got our Airbooster at BabiesRUs and LOOVE it! It was the tallest seat of all the ones they had in stock there and some other stores we tried.
It also had the deepest seat, which was important to us for comfort of our son's legs.
I would check out the Toys R Us near you or find a Babies R Us to try it. Our Target does have it, but it was in box, not on the floor as a model.
Good Luck!:thumbsup:

s_kristina

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check the Toys R Us when I can. The closest Babies R Us would mean an hour trip to Orlando and we had a whiney kid after 15 minutes in the truck today *sigh* I'm also not fond of dealing with all the traffic over that way. I make dh drive on the very rare occasions we go. It sounds like the seats might vary though so seeing it in person will probably be a good idea.

elle7715

I've seen the AirBooster at BRU (beige) and at Target (gray). Target also has another tall Cosco made booster but you need full head support (head rests) behind it. That's just not realistic for most back seats.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The AirBooster measures the same height as the TurboBooster (I compared), but the depth on the base is much, much deeper. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger than, say, a long-legged 5 year old. My review is here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=18111 . My 7.5 yr old fits well in it, but he won't last until he doesn't need a booster anymore with the back; his torso is simply too tall. The Parkway is taller, but the seat depth is very shallow. The new Cosco booster at Target is much taller than the AirBooster, but it requires a headrest behind it (um, is Cosco too cheap to build in some strength in the booster?).

We have had a problem with the AB back sliding down on its own and have sent back the original seat we bought. The 2nd seat is starting to do it as well :(, so I may have to contact Graco and see if the engineers had a chance to look at my 1st seat and see what their thoughts are on it.

cheerbop

The AirBooster measures the same height as the TurboBooster (I compared), but the depth on the base is much, much deeper. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger than, say, a long-legged 5 year old. My review is here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=18111 . My 7.5 yr old fits well in it, but he won't last until he doesn't need a booster anymore with the back; his torso is simply too tall. The Parkway is taller, but the seat depth is very shallow. The new Cosco booster at Target is much taller than the AirBooster, but it requires a headrest behind it (um, is Cosco too cheap to build in some strength in the booster?).

We have had a problem with the AB back sliding down on its own and have sent back the original seat we bought. The 2nd seat is starting to do it as well :(, so I may have to contact Graco and see if the engineers had a chance to look at my 1st seat and see what their thoughts are on it.

OH MY! OUr seat back has not done this at all. We got it in early June and have had no problems at all. Our neighbor also has one and has had no problems. hmmm....
I have definitely noticed a big difference when my son sits in a deeper seat depth seat compared to one with a narrower seat depth. He can not sit as straight or comfortably, even if another *may have a taller seat back. He is "allowed" to sit more upright in the Airbooster becasue of the seat depth, whereas in another with a narrower depth, he can't sit right. I don't know why--does that make any sense:confused::p

lynsgirl

We have an Air Booster (and love it, btw, but we're using it backless) and I'm almost positive it was taller than our Turboboosters. I don't have the back for the Turbobooster anymore (gave it to my niece) we did have them for comparison at first. It's not a huge difference, and I'm pretty sure there are taller options, but I do think it's slightly taller than the Turbobooster (not to mention much more comfy!)

:thumbsup: I have both a TB and a PW and ds1 (10.5yrs) is on the last setting of the TB with very little growing room left. In the PW, he is on the highest setting with some growing room (can't remember how much off the top of my head - it lives in dh's car :p). I tried him in the AirBooster last week and he had two more height notches to go! Plus, he did say it was *much* comfier in the leg and seating area than even the PW, which he and dd fight over using if they both are w/dh :rolleyes:. I haven't been able to try a Monarch IRL, but since I will need another booster pretty soon for dh's car, the AirBooster is very high on my list.

ETA that I just saw Heather's post and I will be trying ds1 in the AB at BRU on their test bench to get a better idea of his actual fit (tried him at Target before).

s_kristina

We are going to be headed past a Super Target and another Walmart next Wednesday to LLL so I'll check there to see if they have them. I'll also check to see if there is a Toys R Us or Babies R Us a bit past the meeting place.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
This just shows that every kid is different. DBK is just about ready to outgrown the PW. We put him in it once, measured and that was that. So, if anyone is interested. We are selling the PW, still in box, in Granite.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC