Question Booster/harness?

amanny

This seems to be a very popular question lately, but I have to ask as well.

Child in question is a very good booster rider, 6 years old, 50lbs, and 48 inches.

We have a Frontier 85 with plenty of growing room, and also a Recaro booster that fits well.

I could really use the money from selling the Frontier, but I feel better about the 5pt harness of the Frontier.

Thoughts?

ADS

hrice

If the child sits properly 100% of the time in a booster it is perfectly safe.

However I am a freak and like to be prepared for what ifs so I would keep the Frontier for a bit in case a long trip came along where my child might fall hard asleep and slump. Or if I needed a seat for another kid that was riding with me for the day, etc. But I also have a seat addiction and rationalize keeping lots of extra seats.

Kat_Momof3

I'd look at how well he can sleep in a booster, especially if he tends to sleep in the car.

if it's still a draw between the two, then I'd weigh in your comfort... are you going to be less comfortable with a booster to the extent it could distract you from driving? If so, then it's safer to harness. If not, then I'd ask him what he'd like... Kids love it when they get to have an opinion.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC