Over thinking boostering DD

Jessica61624

I'll start this by saying I know some of you feel strongly about top tethers usage as do I. I'm having some second thoughts about going over the weight limit on the top tether. I have an 00 intrepid which has a 48lbs TT limit. From what I understand it wasn't included in the new changes by Chrysler. DD turned 5 last month. She's 44 inches and 46.5lbs naked. She's a great booster rider. She often asks to ride in one also. The reason I'd rather keep her harnessed is because its easier. She can buckle herself now. Plus she's in the middle. its easier to put the boys in when they're out board. I'd also need a new seat. With our 3 across the keyfit doesn't fit well in the middle. It gets caught on DS radian. If she had a turbo it would work. I will be getting a new vehicle in Jan/Feb. And DS2 will be going into a radian in about 2 months. And I know it could take her awhile to gain the last lb but just last month she was 44lbs.

ADS

mimieliza

I would booster.

I have made a decision that in my car that lacks top tethers, I prefer to booster as soon as we can safely do so. The booster allows the car's safety system to work more closely to the way it was designed (i.e. for an adult). I prefer using a booster as opposed to a less-than-ideal FFing installation for a child who is old/large enough to fit and sit properly in a booster.

Kat_Momof3

since she's proven mature enough and she's well over the minimum weight on every booster in the country, I'd go ahead and use the booster, especially if it helps your setup (the frontier IS a wide seat)

Some people don't get this, but one reason I would (other than it helping your seat setup) is because she has asked. I don't give my kids 100% say in any regard to seats, but when they have proven they are mature enough, they are old enough, and they are big enough, I think they are entitled to a preference. Obviously we parents make the final call, but there you are.

She's a bit younger than I'd optimally like, but not everything is optimal.

I'd probably go with the new Turbobooster with those big sides... I just love the looks of it so much. or, if her shoulders are wide enough for a good fit, the parkway sgl (cause I love having boosters latched in)

babyherder

I'd probably booster her when you get a new vehicle. But I also think she'd be very safe in a booster now so I'd just wait or convenience.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC