Cleaning tips?

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
DD's light pink Nauti is FILTHY. I dont know what on earth is all over it but there are dark brown smudges and spots everywhere. I'm planning on taking it out this evening once it cools off and cleaning it. I'd rather NOT wash the whole cover in the washer, I have some furniture spot cleaner from our furniture company, I know its not "approved' but I wonder if it will remove the spots? Does anyone have experience with those light pink covers?

ADS

tl01

Any reason you don't want to put it in the washer? We washed our red frontier cover in the washer about 4 days ago and it came out beautifully. I always do it on delicate. Of course we don't put it in the dryer but it's a pretty thin cover and dries quickly. I can post a pic if you like.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I'm worried about the plastic pieces on the under side of the seat cushion.... if yours turned out ok, then hopefully mine will. I'm going to have to wash it, you can't spot clean that pink. (I'm kicking myself for this color choice right now) she's used this seat for maybe 3 months, I rarely had to wash the Radians.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I agree that the washer is going to be your best bet. Use the gentle cycle. If you are concerned about it, you can handwash it in the bathtub. I wouldn't use the furniture cleaner for multiple reasons, including the chemicals in the cleaner not being meant for close prolonged exposure to children, flammability concerns, and concerns that it's just plain not going to work as well as a good washing.

I've sent all my car seat covers through the wash on gentle and hung them up to dry, and never had a problem. I don't have a Nautilus, but my MyRide has those same plastic clips, and no issues there.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've always machine washed mine too. Trying to wring out the various bits and pieces by hand would have meant it took three days to dry!

On a completely unrelated note, I acquired a just-expired Peg bucket for training today, and the mom was horrified to discovered that the previous week's explosive poop was a bit more explosive than she'd thought - she never removed the seat from the base and hadn't realized how far it had leaked. I wanted it out of circulation so I offered to deal with it. The way I had to wash that seat to make me want to get anywhere near it? Blast it with the hose, take it all apart and blast it some more. I don't recommend that technique for your Nautilus :D

jgomez411

I always put my Nautilus cover in the washer...But mine has spots all over it too that have not come out in the wash! I don't know what it is but I've never had issues getting stains out of any of my other Graco seats. I have the light pink and gray one and the spots are driving me insane! Graco sent me a new back support since mine won't stay on but it doesn't match the cover that I have so I'll probably just order the two other cover pieces and toss the cover I have now.

canadiangie

I wash my covers all the time. :)

Cold water, gentle. Use regular detergent and add a gel pack of Tide stain booster.

Hang to dry.

Voila, beautiful.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC