Peg Convertible - TONS of leg room!

calihannah

Received and installed our new Peg Perego Viaggio Convertible (45lb RF limit, yay!) this week. DD2 is 20 months old, ~28lbs, and just under 36" tall (yes, she has been off the top end of the height chart basically since birth). Finding the right RF seat for her has been...fun ;) We have a RXT in my car (Odyssey with tons of room), but DH's car has been more of a challenge because of a pretty small backseat and tall front passengers.

Enter the Peg Convertible! She'll be able to RF in this seat for a LONG time (several clicks to go on the headrest, I think she's in position 4 now, and you can RF to position 7), and for comfort purposes, just check out all that leg room!

IMG_2632.JPG

ADS

atw

Cool! Liking the seat? It was on my short list, but fell off.

Seeing your 36 incher(my peanut of 3 yo daughters height!) makes me want it all over again!

Lol. Wonder what'll happen to me when the foonfs come out!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

calihannah

Loving the seat so far.

The good:
* Easy to load, even through a small door opening
* Nice, thicker straps that will definitely resist twisting
* Definitely tall kiddo friendly
* Appears comfortable :)
* BIG leg area and low sides -- should be leggy kid friendly!

The so-so:
* Fabric...it looks like it will wear better than, say, Britax mesh fabrics (like on the Frontier), but I don't know if it's cleanable (can't wipe it off all that easily because of the texture) and don't know if it'll be sweaty (no big deal, I live in a moderate area temp wise)
* Shoulder harness pads: they flip easily, and the fabric is different on top and bottom. No big deal for my younger DD, but if my older DD were in this seat, even at toddler age, she would have flipped out if they were pointing the wrong way (highly aware and particular kiddo).
* Install-wise, it slips a wee bit in the front-to-back direction. I had it pretty upright (35 degrees) so that it wouldn't touch the passenger seat in front of it. After two days of use, it was touching -- it had rotated back just a tad.

Hope that helps!

atw

Yes! If by helps you mean puts it back on the list! :)

One of cars seems to have seat angle settling problems like you've described; the other doesnt.
Fwiw, the people here with it love the fabric and think its nice and cool!

CuddlyMonsters

We have the same exact seat, but in Red and love it. Currently my 11 month old is using this seat and we have it installed RF (of course), but my 3 year old son who is >80th percentile for height and weight still can fit RF in this seat.

Here is my 3 year old who is in the >80th percentile for height and weight. It is set to the 7th notch which you can only RF with the lower 7 settings. The only reason why my son doesn't ride RF is because he has anxiety issues (it gets to the point where he will get sick)...

7590244016_be45dfb4bf_z.jpg

For the fabric we actually don't mind it because it breathes nicely, my baby does not sweat in the seat and we have has over 101 degree days this summer. It doesn't snag easily.

What We Like:
* Very easy to install/uninstall.
* Very well made seat, doesn't seem "cheap".
* Material breathes well and doesn't snag easily.
* Can RF for longer, good for ERF.

The Downfalls:
* The user manual is practially useless, there are a bunch of mis-prints. I guess it makes nice coloring book for my kids (JK).
*This seat doesn't have rebound control, however it has been tested and passed testing with it.

calihannah

Great to see how a 3yo fits in this seat! I can definitely see us getting quite a lot of mileage (ha ha) out of it.

atw

CuddlyMonsters said:
We have the same exact seat, but in Red and love it. Currently my 11 month old is using this seat and we have it installed RF (of course), but my 3 year old son who is >80th percentile for height and weight still can fit RF in this seat.

Here is my 3 year old who is in the >80th percentile for height and weight. It is set to the 7th notch which you can only RF with the lower 7 settings. The only reason why my son doesn't ride RF is because he has anxiety issues (it gets to the point where he will get sick)...

For the fabric we actually don't mind it because it breathes nicely, my baby does not sweat in the seat and we have has over 101 degree days this summer. It doesn't snag easily.

What We Like:
* Very easy to install/uninstall.
* Very well made seat, doesn't seem "cheap".
* Material breathes well and doesn't snag easily.
* Can RF for longer, good for ERF.

The Downfalls:
* The user manual is practially useless, there are a bunch of mis-prints. I guess it makes nice coloring book for my kids (JK).
*This seat doesn't have rebound control, however it has been tested and passed testing with it.

You've been so helpful on this seat- obviously you love it, but I didn't realize previously exactly how tall and heavy he was! I guess that bodes well for my son (50th ht and 75th wt) but he's all torso so I get freaked we should just wait for the foonf. I do not want another RN.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

CuddlyMonsters

Yeah. We still have a Radian RXT in Plum. However it takes up too much front to back room and my husband is 6"2'. We could not wait for the Foonf as we needed to replacement seats due to an accident.

So far we are liking the seat. My son at 3 years is FF in a Frontier 85 which he loves. He does great in it and has lots of room to grow. I already had to go up one notch on it since we got it. If he did not have anxiety issues to the point he would get sick then I would have kept him RF...

Reactions: atw

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC