Car seat inspection - urgent

S

silversurfers

hey everyone! so my wife's expected due date has moved up to this week from a couple of weeks down the line. does anyone know if there is a way to schedule an urgent car seat inspection in Santa Clara/Cupertino/Sunnyvale/San Jose, California area ? I called a couple of them and the earliest appointment they could get me was Sept 5th...which is too late. We will be at the Good Samaritan,San jose hospital for delivery.

thanks a ton!

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The only free event within the next week is at AAA Concord. It's by appointment only, but you might be able to get in. The next after that is the 11th in South City (this is a demo event for some Congress guy so I highly doubt you can get a spot here) and then the 16th at Alameda PD by appointment.

I do one on ones but I charge a small fee ($20 if you come to me in Hayward)

That being said, if this change in due dates means baby is premature, you should know that some preemies have trouble breathing in normal carseats and need to be tested to make sure that doesn't happen. The test is as simple as hooking an oxygen monitor to baby while baby sits in the carseat, but not all hospitals do this routinely for babes born in the 36 week range and parents may need to request it.

morninglori

LivermorePD has a free check event this Thursday from 10 - noon. You do have to call for an appointment. I'll be at this event.

You just missed the 8/3 regular check at tiny tots in Campbell, but you may be able to call them fir a private check

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
LivermorePD has a free check event this Thursday from 10 - noon. You do have to call for an appointment. I'll be at this event.

You just missed the 8/3 regular check at tiny tots in Campbell, but you may be able to call them fir a private check

Now why in the world does Traci not have the LV event on the fliers? Did I miss an update?

The guy that does the Tiny Tot checks is the same guy doing the South City one on the 11th, so most likely they will just get referred to South City, but it's worth a shot.

My sister needs some fluff though and I can probably arrange to use Tiny Tot's parking lot for a check. I'd be willing to meet the OP there and check his seat for free since it would let me write off the mileage for a diaper run.

morninglori

safeinthecar said:
Now why in the world does Traci not have the LV event on the fliers? Did I miss an update?

She seems to be updating the fliers the week she has the checks. Thats what happened last month. I asked at the July check if we were having an August one and was told yes. In september we have the CPST class event and the children's fair.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC