Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

silversurfers

Car seat inspection - urgent

hey everyone! so my wife's expected due date has moved up to this week from a couple of weeks down the line. does anyone know if there is a way to schedule an urgent car seat inspection in Santa Clara/Cupertino/Sunnyvale/San Jose, California area ? I called a couple of them and the earliest appointment they could get me was Sept 5th...which is too late. We will be at the Good Samaritan,San jose hospital for delivery.

thanks a ton!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Car seat inspection - urgent

The only free event within the next week is at AAA Concord. It's by appointment only, but you might be able to get in. The next after that is the 11th in South City (this is a demo event for some Congress guy so I highly doubt you can get a spot here) and then the 16th at Alameda PD by appointment.

I do one on ones but I charge a small fee ($20 if you come to me in Hayward)

That being said, if this change in due dates means baby is premature, you should know that some preemies have trouble breathing in normal carseats and need to be tested to make sure that doesn't happen. The test is as simple as hooking an oxygen monitor to baby while baby sits in the carseat, but not all hospitals do this routinely for babes born in the 36 week range and parents may need to request it.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

LivermorePD has a free check event this Thursday from 10 - noon. You do have to call for an appointment. I'll be at this event.

You just missed the 8/3 regular check at tiny tots in Campbell, but you may be able to call them fir a private check
    Lori, CPST
    DD Mason--Dec2005, 48lb Monterey/Parkway SGL
    DS Cole--Nov2007 39lb GN / Frontier85

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Car seat inspection - urgent

Quote Originally Posted by morninglori View Post
    LivermorePD has a free check event this Thursday from 10 - noon. You do have to call for an appointment. I'll be at this event.

You just missed the 8/3 regular check at tiny tots in Campbell, but you may be able to call them fir a private check
    Now why in the world does Traci not have the LV event on the fliers? Did I miss an update?

The guy that does the Tiny Tot checks is the same guy doing the South City one on the 11th, so most likely they will just get referred to South City, but it's worth a shot.

My sister needs some fluff though and I can probably arrange to use Tiny Tot's parking lot for a check. I'd be willing to meet the OP there and check his seat for free since it would let me write off the mileage for a diaper run.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Quote Originally Posted by safeinthecar

Now why in the world does Traci not have the LV event on the fliers? Did I miss an update?
    She seems to be updating the fliers the week she has the checks. Thats what happened last month. I asked at the July check if we were having an August one and was told yes. In september we have the CPST class event and the children's fair.
    Lori, CPST
    DD Mason--Dec2005, 48lb Monterey/Parkway SGL
    DS Cole--Nov2007 39lb GN / Frontier85