my dd in the evenflo sureride.

java

She is 2yrs, 2 mths. She is 21lbs and 32.5 inches tall. So what is so bad about this seat? The only thing I can really see is that she is even with the second slots already (with the pillow in, not sure if it is allowed or not) and as far as I can tell no other slots for rfing? I haven't looked at a manual so I really know nothing about it, just trying to learn, so educate me please :D

I like that it has a 22lb limit for ffing. My petite 2yo can't legally ff in it yet ;)

ADS

Brianna

The bottom 3 slots are for rear facing, it's on the back of the shell. It also has a 37" height limit for rear facing.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

java

The bottom 3 slots are for rear facing, it's on the back of the shell. It also has a 37" height limit for rear facing.

oh wow I totally missed a slot lol. Talk about being distracted! So I have no idea where she was...I am thinking she was even with the top of thee bottom set of slots, so the third slot then. I was going fast, trying to get a pic while she was actually playing along lol.

37" height limit...wow. That is low! That is less than 5 more inches for my kiddo, now I get it! Too bad, what a great seat! otherwise. Seems really decent for ffing though. Maybe a bit narrow...but nice and tall!

Brianna

Given the price point, I can see it being recommended for a tall FF child if the child would outgrow the Maestro by height soon.

christineka

Given the price point, I can see it being recommended for a tall FF child if the child would outgrow the Maestro by height soon.

It's a great seat for someone looking to spend as little as possible on the longest lasting car seat and are not intending to rear-face past 3 years (and their child isn't above average in height).

Stelvis

christineka said:
It's a great seat for someone looking to spend as little as possible on the longest lasting car seat and are not intending to rear-face past 3 years (and their child isn't above average in height).

Past 3 years? That top slot is only 11.5". My DD would already be well above it. I can't imagine most kids even getting to 2 without the straps being so low that they slip off.

jacqui276

Past 3 years? That top slot is only 11.5". My DD would already be well above it. I can't imagine most kids even getting to 2 without the straps being so low that they slip off.

The top slot for RFing is 11.5"? My 5 month old has an 11" torso. He is big but not nearly as big as even an average 2 year old.

The seat looks nice. It's too bad it can only RF on the bottom 3 slots.

tentoes

Can someone clarify something for me.. does Evenflo not allow a RF kid's shoulders to go above the third/top RF slot?? If not, a taller torso will be fine until harness starts to slip off.

Jessica61624

tentoes said:
Can someone clarify something for me.. does Evenflo not allow a RF kid's shoulders to go above the third/top RF slot?? If not, a taller torso will be fine until harness starts to slip off.

They do allow it. There is a big gap between the rf slots and FF slots. I don't remember the exact height but I believe the FF slots start at 14 inches.

tentoes

They do allow it. There is a big gap between the rf slots and FF slots. I don't remember the exact height but I believe the FF slots start at 14 inches.

Thanks. I was wondering why a lot of people keep saying 'its only a max of 11.5" high for RF slots' when Evenflo has no wonky rules against going over them. Yep, tried DS in it the other week and saw the large gap in slot difference between RF and FF.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Considering the straps are supposed to be AT or BELOW for rf'ing, I don't get what the big deal is? The can rearface for a good while before straps slipping becomes an issue....usually 2" of torso growth. Which would be about the time to flip FF and use the bottom FF slots without them being so high they are by their ears.

My DGD is only 16mo, but already on the 3rd slot of her Radian (and 2nd in her MA). I'm wondering if she'd make it to 2 in this seat rf'ing...

jenfrogmom

Jessica61624 said:

So you can use the forth slot?

Stelvis

KaysKidz said:
Considering the straps are supposed to be AT or BELOW for rf'ing, I don't get what the big deal is? The can rearface for a good while before straps slipping becomes an issue....usually 2" of torso growth. Which would be about the time to flip FF and use the bottom FF slots without them being so high they are by their ears.

My DGD is only 16mo, but already on the 3rd slot of her Radian (and 2nd in her MA). I'm wondering if she'd make it to 2 in this seat rf'ing...

A 13.5" torso would still not get a lot of kids to age 2. Certainly not mine. And then you still have the height restriction on top of it.

java

My DD in the pic was even with the top slot for rfing...so sure she could grow some more in the seat. But 2 or so more inches and the harness would not stay on her shoulders, and she would have SO much shell above her head still! She is a tiny kiddo, but even for her 37 inches is a bad height limit :(. Such a nice tall seat with nice tall top harness slots but narrow at the shoulders, low rifing slots, and that horrid 37 inch rfing rule!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My DD in the pic was even with the top slot for rfing...so sure she could grow some more in the seat. But 2 or so more inches and the harness would not stay on her shoulders, and she would have SO much shell above her head still! She is a tiny kiddo, but even for her 37 inches is a bad height limit :(. Such a nice tall seat with nice tall top harness slots but narrow at the shoulders, low rifing slots, and that horrid 37 inch rfing rule!

But she was on the pad too. I wonder how much more room she'd of had if she wasn't on the insert. Or is that required?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Bottom line is that this is not an ERF car seat. It will get almost all kids to age one, and average kids to age two RF.

I still hope to see some scaled-back version of it as a program seat. But I can't imagine wanting to buy one for my own kids unless I needed the uber-tall FF slots but couldn't afford a Frontier.

It seems to me like overall Evenflo is just not on board with the whole ERF thing. They don't have a single good ERF seat on the market (by ERF I mean a seat that will get an average kid to age 3.5-4 RF).

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Won't the EFTA get many kids there?

I agree, the 37" thing is a real shame. :(

Eta: And it's odd that Evenflo is joining in with Graco's "___ride"naming convention... Although I suppose they did have the Joyride many moons ago.

momtoo3

Ds3 still fits in the EFTA/EFT65 RF at almost 4. He is small for his age at 31 pounds and 37.5 inches but he has a little growing room in it too. The EFTA is my favorite seat. I wish it fit in my van with all the other seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC