Inflatable high back booster...

MAJ

I read a thread about the Bubble Bum, and looked to see what it was out of curiosity. When looking at it, I came across a picture for a high-back inflatable booster:

http://gobooster.info/

I currently have no need for this, but seems like it would be great for traveling/rental car/etc. I had no idea inflatable travel seats existed, so I was just intrigued! :)

ADS

christineka

The bubblebum is the only safe inflatable booster. The boost-a-pack (not available in the US) looks intriguing and it appears to be safe.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've seen the Go in person. And I own a BubbleBum. the BubbleBum is sturdy, the clips are solid, and it feels like a great booster when in use (and we've even accidentally used it deflated, which I know still passes testing, so that's good). The Go feels like a pool float that someone folded in half and cut so that the scratchy edges are right at the back of your neck. It's a lot shorter than it appears. The senior checker I work with a lot brought one to some checks for us all to see. You want to see a room full of horrified techs? Bring in the Go Booster (not to be confused with the Safety 1st Go, which IS ok).

Wendy

MAJ

I've seen the Go in person. And I own a BubbleBum. the BubbleBum is sturdy, the clips are solid, and it feels like a great booster when in use (and we've even accidentally used it deflated, which I know still passes testing, so that's good). The Go feels like a pool float that someone folded in half and cut so that the scratchy edges are right at the back of your neck. It's a lot shorter than it appears. The senior checker I work with a lot brought one to some checks for us all to see. You want to see a room full of horrified techs? Bring in the Go Booster (not to be confused with the Safety 1st Go, which IS ok).

Wendy

Haha, good to know! Like I said, had no need for it, but was just kind of amazed at the idea of it. At least I learned about the Bubble Bum, incase I ever had a need for that.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I took the BubbleBum to a meeting and saw a room full of horrified techs there, too.

"Inflatable" and "booster seat" are not words that mesh well in people's minds.

bnsnyde

So much inflatable these days. Why not inflatable (or similar) cushion things that can be placed outboard in cars, maybe between the door and carseat? I think I actually do want that if someone can invent it! Like a more universal SICT you can use as desired type of thing, lol.

christineka

So much inflatable these days. Why not inflatable (or similar) cushion things that can be placed outboard in cars, maybe between the door and carseat? I think I actually do want that if someone can invent it! Like a more universal SICT you can use as desired type of thing, lol.

Ooh, perhaps inflatable body support for kids in backless boosters!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC