Harrness covers

Kel

Any reasons some of you don't use them? I'm just wondering. I've always used them. I've been searching through pics of different seats I'm thinking about and I just noticed a lot of kids aren't using them.

Thanks Kelley

ADS

tam_shops

Somebody (here I think) told me to take them off in the winter when the kids are wearing their polar fleece in the car. Otherwise, mine are left on. If I take them off, I put them in my car seat junk box. The Britax ones used to go in that handy pouch they gave you for the top tether!

tam

atw

Kel said:
Any reasons some of you don't use them? I'm just wondering. I've always used them. I've been searching through pics of different seats I'm thinking about and I just noticed a lot of kids aren't using them.

Thanks Kelley

My daughter takes hers off. She would rather just have the harness. She's the girl who doesn't like sleeves, socks, or pants in any weather though. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brianna

It's easier for me to pull a shirt collar around the harness than to adjust the covers to the right place- they always fall down to the chest clip. And I don't want them on at all during the winter, which means they get lost and I couldn't put them back on if I wanted :)

christineka

I'm afraid of loosing them if my child gets bored and picks them off during the drive and I want all pieces of my seat/cover in case I decide to sell it later. Recently, we were going through the bag, my 7 yo saw her harness covers and wanted them, so she put them on. I also have my son's on because I have no intention of ever selling coastal blue.

jess71903

Ambassador
So far, I just leave them on. My kids have never messed with them. Gage's are both sewn-on ones, and Evie has True Fits that tends to lay nice and flat.

NannyMom

Sofi never liked them much, until recently. I'd take them off in winter because I didn't like them with the jacket. She recently started asking for them on because the harness hurts her neck and with a tank top it's hard to pull the collar up

tiggercat

I didn't use them on my daughter's seat past infancy because she would take them off and throw them.
I used them on Sam's SR32, but when we moved to the Radian, he started taking them off. Then with the RXT, they were so huge and bulky (CDN version) that I took them off once the manufacturer ok'd it. They are required for FF so we might switch seats if Sam can't tolerate them or if he removes them. Removing them leaves the harness quite loose (yes, they are that thick).

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

jacqui276

The only seat I don't use mine on is the Scenera because it didn't come with any. I wish it did though since the harness looks like it cuts into the neck a bit, which I can't imagine being comfortable.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The Radian ones drive me batty so I don't use them. DS hasn't complained. He has harness covers on his Como and Coccoro.

Kel

Thanks everyone, I just thought you had to leave them on. You'd think I would have noticed this in the last 13yrs of using car seats, lol.

Anyway, my RXT ones are kinda puffy. Maybe I should remove them an see if the harness bothers my DS.

Thanks Kelley

creideamh

I take mine off. I can't really see the harness with them on and worry it isn't tight enough. :p I do use super thin covers on the Tribute, though (ducks) Those dang Evenflo straps are SO narrow they do end up cutting into DD's skin.

Ellie173

Nanny kid and goddaughter are on the same harness slot and tightness. Nanny kid takes them off first thing because they "hurt him" and goddaughter wants them on because not having them "hurts her". We keep them in the cup holder and the kids tell me if they want them on. I don't see a benefit either way to them, just a comfort feature. They have never gotten lost because nanny kid loves to play with them.

scoutingbear

C always takes them off. Except the Frontier. Those he has left alone. I find it easier to tighten M's harness without them. Except the CCO. I have left those on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC