Frontier 85 in 2011 or 2012 sienna

tl01

Has anyone installed one in the sienna captains chair? Did you install with the headrest attached? If you removed the headrest, did the tether stay up on the seat or slide down?

ADS

bnsnyde

Installing in an Odyssey 2011 next week. Sorry, wrong van!

I've read it works and I hope it works for us. Middle seat and outboard.

tl01

Installing in an Odyssey 2011 next week. Sorry, wrong van!

I've read it works and I hope it works for us. Middle seat and outboard.

It's fine in the captains chair. Never tried it in our ody's center seat though.

manitobamimi

i've installed it in my 2012 sienna. i removed the headrest and used the long belt path, the to tether stays put just fine. sorry about the lack of capital letters my 2 year old screwed up the keys on my computer :eek:

momofzacnalex

I installed our frontier 85 with headrest on and it was super easy and really tight. It was the quickest install I have done with this seat yet.

luckyclov

Yep.

I have DD's FR85 installed in a captains chair. Rock solid with long belt path. The FR85 is on the highest harness setting. No headrest. V-tether snug and not a chance at slipping.

Lemme know if you want a pic of anything.

tl01

I installed our frontier 85 with headrest on and it was super easy and really tight. It was the quickest install I have done with this seat yet.

Can I see a pic of this install? Does the frontier back touch the seat back? Thanks!

tl01

Can anyone take a pic of their vehicle seat from behind seat can be installed or from the front with the seat uninstalled? I'm wondering if the seat backs are a different shape.

luckyclov

Hope these help.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Attachments

• image-233596236.jpg
    image-233596236.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 31
  • image-574541324.jpg
    image-574541324.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 35
  • image-3242430977.jpg
    image-3242430977.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 38

tl01

Looks like your seat and my seat are different. I'll post pics of mine later. My belt is contained on the seat. How does your work when you move the seat up much further?

luckyclov

Judi - nope, no movement side to side or front to back, not even with my dominant hand. No loosening over time or shifting, either, even with a 60 lb kid going in and out. I check installs every morning.

Maybe the seats differ between trims. Are yours lounge seats? I think those have seat mounted shoulder belts so lounging passengers can still be retrained somehow.I haven't tried to install with the seat moved fwd. I keep it back because my passenger seat is all the way back.

tl01

Judi - nope, no movement side to side or front to back, not even with my dominant hand. No loosening over time or shifting, either, even with a 60 lb kid going in and out. I check installs every morning.

Maybe the seats differ between trims. Are yours lounge seats? I think those have seat mounted shoulder belts so lounging passengers can still be retrained somehow.I haven't tried to install with the seat moved fwd. I keep it back because my passenger seat is all the way back.

Here are pics of my seat. And a pic of my tether issue. Hoping making it even tighter will help. As Judi also suggested.. I might try to install it a little closer to the door. Maybe the leather makes is more slippery.

73e5009f.jpg

e9beb00d.jpg

0fc16e0b.jpg

luckyclov

Ah, I see what you're saying now. I bet the leather does make it slicker. My tether strap is pretty snugged up, it compresses my vehicle seat a bit. Is it a solid install otherwise? Or are you having slipping of the FR85 on the vehicle seat bottom, too?

tl01

Ah, I see what you're saying now. I bet the leather does make it slicker. My tether strap is pretty snugged up, it compresses my vehicle seat a bit. Is it a solid install otherwise? Or are you having slipping of the FR85 on the vehicle seat bottom, too?

I was having a problem with the bottom slipping out but I went crazy on the seat this morning and we are doing better. The tether slipping might prove to be the bigger issue. I've got it compressing the seat a bit so we will see how it does. It slipped earlier today the first time someone sat back there. Ugh!

canadiangie

I was having a problem with the bottom slipping out but I went crazy on the seat this morning and we are doing better. The tether slipping might prove to be the bigger issue. I've got it compressing the seat a bit so we will see how it does. It slipped earlier today the first time someone sat back there. Ugh!

Thats it, time for a new ride.

:ROTFLMAO:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC