what frontier 85 cover sells the best?

bethng

So I was T-boned yesterday. No injuries. IMO the van is totaled (loved my kia sedona.....airbags kept me quite safe!) I was by myself thank god. Averys Frontier 85 will need to be replaced. I will keep the red cover and put it on the new seat I order. I will take the cover off the new seat and sell it (for less then what britax charges of course!). Just wondering which color cover would be the most popular and would sell quickly.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

I posted a poll a while ago that said maui, but my maui cover doesn't seem to be selling quickly. I'd probably say moo would sell fast.

StillThankful

I posted a poll a while ago that said maui, but my maui cover doesn't seem to be selling quickly. I'd probably say moo would sell fast.

That is weird. I remember the poll and so many people voted Maui (including me) and no one has purchased it.:confused:

I agree with the PPs--moo and livia for a quick sale. Glad you are okay. :thumbsup:

Athena

Glad you're okay!

I am no expert, but based on what I've read here, I'd say cow. People seem to go crazy over cow. Even I bought some cow because I wanted the soft fabric and they are nice. However, now that we have Livia, I think I love that even more, but cow is gender neutral and I would guess it is still more popular. On the other hand, I hate onyx and people seem to like it, so what do I know. :p Good luck!

bnsnyde

I just ordered a Livia seat. So tell me what you hate about that cover, lol. Did I make the right choice? I know I can't ever clean it, which makes me nervous as the seat lasts for YEARS. I know I'm not ever taking the cover off and then handwashing it. If someone pukes, the seat is ruined. Or maybe I'd just order a new cover IF it goes back on (some reviews say it won't stay on).

I will never understand the appeal of Cow. :)
But a lot of others like it! So every color has its niche market.

lovemy2kidstw

bnsnyde said:
I just ordered a Livia seat. So tell me what you hate about that cover, lol. Did I make the right choice? I know I can't ever clean it, which makes me nervous as the seat lasts for YEARS. I know I'm not ever taking the cover off and then handwashing it. If someone pukes, the seat is ruined. Or maybe I'd just order a new cover IF it goes back on (some reviews say it won't stay on).

I will never understand the appeal of Cow. :)
But a lot of others like it! So every color has its niche market.

Why can't you clean it? I have washed mine several times, it goes back on great. In my vehicle I can actually take the cover off without un installing the seat :0

Athena

I just ordered a Livia seat. So tell me what you hate about that cover, lol.

Sorry, nothing I hate about it. :love: Livia! :)

Did I make the right choice? I know I can't ever clean it, which makes me nervous as the seat lasts for YEARS. I know I'm not ever taking the cover off and then handwashing it. If someone pukes, the seat is ruined. Or maybe I'd just order a new cover IF it goes back on (some reviews say it won't stay on).

Why can't you clean it? I have washed mine several times, it goes back on great. In my vehicle I can actually take the cover off without un installing the seat :0

I didn't understand this either. So far, I've only had to wash our cow cover, but it was easy and went back on perfectly.

I only washed the seat cover, not the head wings cover, and I always machine wash my Britax covers. Honestly, I don't see the big difference between hand washing and machine washing on cold in a front loader. I would never heat dry it though. I've even machine washed in a top loader without problem and they come out nice and clean and fit back on fine with slots lining up. Obviously, it's your choice, but that's been my experience.

I hope you love your new seat and cover!

jacqui276

I love the Livia cover! If only I had a current need for such a pretty seat...

Maui is my second favourite (and would be what I would pick for DS if he needed the seat). Cow seems to be really really popular though so would probably sell.

bnsnyde

Glad it can be cleaned. Reading around about cleaning the Frontier85 seats, it was a little scary. (Britax told me that voids the warranty too).

But sounds like the Livia has worked great for many here!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Glad it can be cleaned. Reading around about cleaning the Frontier85 seats, it was a little scary. (Britax told me that voids the warranty too).

Well, the cover is a bit trickier to remove and replace than the convertibles, but nothing you can't learn with some patience. Yeah, it would void the warranty, because people will put their cover in a top loader on hot with a load of greasy jeans then when it snags on the agitator and the cover pills up, and it's drowned in downy and loses the fire retardancy, and then you put it in the dryer with bounce and a corner of the foam gets burned next to the dryer's heating element...they won't want to replace that mess for free ;). Alone in a Handwash cycle with a drizzle of detergent and air drying is probably gentler than what I would do to a cover in a sink trying to handwash it, though (and I still wouldn't expect them to replace it if it got messed up, only for pretty serious defects like excessive pilling and labels sewn on wrong, kwim?)

:)

Bethng, glad you are ok!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC