• 3carseats.org

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • other (please make a suggestion!!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brigala

CPST Instructor
So, some of you might recall that I've been working on a website devoted to "difficult fit" situations for car seats. Something we could all refer to with those difficult questions that keep coming up over and over and over - tight front-to-back spaces, 3-across, weird-shaped vehicle seats, etc..

Wikia isn't working out so well, so I think I'll just host a site. I'm trying to decide on a domain name. I don't have many great ideas so I figured I'd ask here. Any ideas?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Betterthanducttape.com

(I am only half joking.)

Maybe something like safefit... Safe transport... Car seat solutions... tight fit solutions... ?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Ok, here are some options that are available according to WHOIS:

carseatsolutions.net

carseatsolutions.org

carseatsolutions.us

carseatsolutions.us.com

car-seat-solutions.com

car-space-solutions.com

carspacesolutions.com

I could go with a .org or a .net, or if I put dashes in there for car-seat-solutions I could get a .com. That might come in handy if I ever want to start a car seat retail store, I suppose. The car-space-solutions is an interesting computer-generated suggestion that came up in my whois search. It's not quite right, but maybe carseatspace.com?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The only thing that frustrates me is when searching for "car seat" stuff and I get tons of stuff about CAR seats, you know the actual seats in cars! Vehicle seats. So, my only suggestion would be to use "childseat" instead of "carseat" in the name...but ya, that ship has likely sailed years ago when "car seat" took over so feel free to ignore me. :p

And I vote no hyphens. Make it very difficult to rattle off the name to someone. Uh, sorry C-S.O :duck:

AustinMusic

I think carseatfit.org is good.

I don't know if it is of any worth but "tes-seat-llate.org" just came to mind...

It's probably a little confusing, particularly given the word "car" is absent, but I thought as a play-on-words type of thing I'd throw it out there...

Brianna

Honestly, I know too many people who haven't a clue how to spell solutions and if I verbally recommend the site to them- I think they would just skip it altogether rather than try to spell it or figure out how it's spelled. I'm not sure how much of the general population this would affect, but it would affect several mothers I know.

I really like carseatfit.org

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Honestly, I know too many people who haven't a clue how to spell solutions and if I verbally recommend the site to them- I think they would just skip it altogether rather than try to spell it or figure out how it's spelled. I'm not sure how much of the general population this would affect, but it would affect several mothers I know.

I really like carseatfit.org

I think that's an excellent point. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC