Help me decide.

purplemama

DD1 rides in a Recaro Proride. I got a MR on clearance at Target last week. The Resa one :love:.

I can't decide whether I want to try to sell the Proride and have her ride in the MR or just keep the Proride and return the MR.

MR

Cons: Buckle is really far out. Last time I tried DD1 in it she slouched down toward it. Slots instead of no-rethread (I hate when the straps get WAY below but the shoulders aren't up to the next slot yet). The infant padding is stupid. With a different MR (the new one at Target) I could still use it with her and she would fit better.

Pros: Let's face it, it looked great in those side impact videos. I can't help my emotional reaction to that :eek:. LEG ROOM compared to the Proride. Not an issue now but will be. Cupholders. Narrow base good for when I have a Teen riding beside her in a seatbelt.

Proride

Cons: NO leg room. Yep I knew that when I bought it. Wide base.

Pros: Passes European side impact standards. I have no idea what those are but sounds good to me. Nice head bolster thingy good for sleeping. Easy install. It's purple. No re-thread harness.

I just can't decide. I should have never bought it.:rolleyes:

ADS

djma

If you don't need the money from selling/returning one of the seats, why not use the MR now for the legroom and 40lb RF limit and save the proride for her when she turns FF?

My DS2 rode in a signo (same seat as the proride with minor changes) both FF and RF. FF was awesome! He loved his "little pillows" and the recline was slight, but not a lot.

love-pink

I say keep the MR sell the Proride. With or without a bunk buckle the MR is one of my absolute favorite convertibles rfing and ffing. :love::love:

Spam

Good luck making a decision lol! I have both too and love them both for different reasons. I'd keep em both and swap as wanted ;) When we finally get a van I agreed to only having one set of seats (I currently have three with a spare or two) and I have no idea how I'm going to decide what to use full time.

cookie123

Matthew likes the Proride forward facing too. And it's nice and high. He can see out the window. Use the My Ride for awhile or trade off when it suits you. Now you have options!

bnsnyde

I looked at a MR at Target after seeing those videos. The videos were done with a 3 YO dummy, right? And that seat (ugliest thing I've ever seen, but if it does its job, fine by me!) sticks way out at the head for the 3 YO. Great! But for a baby's head, the shell curves in so I'm not seeing the benefit there of the MR.

The Proride is a sturdy, structured seat so that alone counts a lot for side-impact. And it seems the head is well-protected. Personally I would use the Pro-ride. Kind of one of those seats I've always wanted but we're way too tall to deal with legroom issues. Not that our other seats are perfect with that, lol. But I hope you can make up your mind! :)

hrice

bnsnyde said:
The Proride is a sturdy, structured seat so that alone counts a lot for side-impact.

This is 100% speculation. "Structured" doesn't mean better or safer. For all we know a more rigid seat could be worse. In those videos the Myride bent and moved allot and did an awesome job containing the dummy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC