which seat would you use

• husky

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • parkway

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

thrillhouse

That's GREAT!!!!!!!!

As for other seats . . . well I love my MA but I know that a Radian will last you longer. My DS is 3 and is in the top slots of the MA but only in the 2nd to the top in the Radian. So even though you don't love the seat I think it will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

You could also look at the Apex, it is bigger but does convert to a decent booster but then again it is getting up there in price and is very close to the Radian (price wise) and I don't know if the baby boutique carries that seat (is it e-children you are dealing with?).

Unless the Evenflo Advance hits the market soon then that will give you another option.

yes, it's e-children. they are out of stock in regular radians, so I'll save my credit for now. i guess that would be an okay spare seat. narrow for in the back with guests visiting etc... and although ds didn't find it very comfortable, he can see out the window.

ADS

thrillhouse

he has about 1.5 inch in the radian.. as much as I dislike the seat it seems to be the best option. I don't even know why I dislike it so much.. maybe I've just been spolied by britax seats. nothing else seems to compare :whistle:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
If you do decided to get the Radian as your spare, I would suggest e-mailing Russ and asking for the wider buckle tongues. MUCH nicer and won't allow the straps on the Radian to twist the way the narrow buckles that come with the seat do... makes life much easier. ;)

Starlight

Senior Community Member
You've been breaking the law by using the Husky for how many years, and suddenly, you're freaking out about it now? Do you speed? Do you use your blinker EVERY time?

I vote for Husky, no question.

thrillhouse

i'm not suddenly freaking out. our needs have changed and we need something smaller. I travelled by plane with the husky once and I won't be doing it again. It is a huge seat and the airline had a hard time wrapping it/labelling it. At the very least we need a spare seat now, where before we did not.

thrillhouse

quick update, echildren doesn't carry regular radians anymore, so I got a premiere from them and returned the parkway. I am happy with this choice, although I'm not sure I want to make the radian ds's primary seat. he really really likes the comfort of the husky.
so now, between the comfortable illegal 5pt and the not as comfy, (but not a torture device either since it is the premiere) legal 5pt, wwyd? we still have the issue of no hatch cover, but I am wondering if it is acceptable to run the V shaped tether through the harness hole in the hatch cover, even though it will lessen the v shaped effect...? anyone? :cool:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I would choose the Premiere. You may also have the benefit of not worrying about the v-shaped tether. Typically the Radian's v-shaped part of the tether only extends to the top of the vehicle seat. Then it is a straight 'normal' tether that should fit through the hole of your cargo cover no problem.

My premiere's v-shaped section of the tether strap only comes up to the head restraint on our MazdaSpeed3 hatch. The straight part of the tether goes under the head restraint and down to the tether anchor between the vehicle seat and the cargo cover.

I would not alter the natural path of either tether to the anchor point. If the hole is positioned for a straight tether, the Premiere should work just fine though.

thrillhouse

I would choose the Premiere. You may also have the benefit of not worrying about the v-shaped tether. Typically the Radian's v-shaped part of the tether only extends to the top of the vehicle seat. Then it is a straight 'normal' tether that should fit through the hole of your cargo cover no problem.

My premiere's v-shaped section of the tether strap only comes up to the head restraint on our MazdaSpeed3 hatch. The straight part of the tether goes under the head restraint and down to the tether anchor between the vehicle seat and the cargo cover.

I would not alter the natural path of either tether to the anchor point. If the hole is positioned for a straight tether, the Premiere should work just fine though.

I just had a look at the tether and it looks like it will be fine, thanks! I thought it was the same as the one on the husky where it is a V all the way to the end of the hook.

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The OP posted above that she decided to buy a Radian. This thread is actually a little old now. ;)

(just pointing this out so that it doesn't get all heated again considering that the original question and everything else brought up was worked out.) :thumbsup:

Misty-Bug

The OP posted above that she decided to buy a Radian. This thread is actually a little old now. ;)

(just pointing this out so that it doesn't get all heated again considering that the original question and everything else brought up was worked out.) :thumbsup:

so sorry. didn't realize that. Didn;t see it anywhere. Can you delete this then? Delete the post with my comment. sorry

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
so sorry. didn't realize that. Didn;t see it anywhere. Can you delete this then? Delete the post with my comment. sorry

All done. :thumbsup: I figured it was just an oversight. Sometimes it's easy to miss a post or two and it changes the context of everything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC