NBD August

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunypooh77

That's so nice of you. It's calling out to me, but with two Frontiers already, I have no use for it.

I know...I already got Dd a Parkway SGL to move up into soon so I have no need for it either. I just wanted to check and see if anyone was looking for it, I dont know if the price is good though..

ADS

CTRS4peds

Despite some harsh opinions as of late, I think it was a really nice of thing of you to do to grab in case someone here wanted it. We are a shoppping community after all!

Thanks! I hope a CSO will repay the favor one day on my ISO items!

Just trying to look out for my CSO friends!

hunypooh77

There are 2 Britax carriers available. I assume I would be wasting my time getting one to get the UPC because its probably missing...

Lilybug1

I received a Britax carrier from them last week. It was missing the UPC. Others have responded that they did and did not get the UPC with theirs. I would say it's about 2/3 without UPC, 1/3 with UPC on the small CSO/NBD sample that I gathered. NBD gave me absolutely no problem returning it, (although some CSO posters have a tougher return policy than NBD. but that is neither here nor there). I personally wouldn't chance it again though...if it seems to good to be true (to get a Britax carrier for $45.99 with UPC), it probably is.

hunypooh77

I received a Britax carrier from them last week. It was missing the UPC. Others have responded that they did and did not get the UPC with theirs. I would say it's about 2/3 without UPC, 1/3 with UPC on the small CSO/NBD sample that I gathered. NBD gave me absolutely no problem returning it, (although some CSO posters have a tougher return policy than NBD. but that is neither here nor there). I personally wouldn't chance it again though...if it seems to good to be true (to get a Britax carrier for $45.99 with UPC), it probably is.

I figured as much...and all it says is "opened and resealed box"

Lilybug1

I figured as much...and all it says is "opened and resealed box"

I really wish they would list these UPC-less products as damaged box, but I guess in NBD's mind, open/resealed box is more encompassing than damaged box, which typically means damaged in shipment. I just think that it is a known problem with Britax products, carriers in particular, so I would think it would be a good idea to list it as Damaged box for the lack of UPC, but that's just this one consumer's opinion and I am sure NBD has its own rationale/reasoning for conducting business the way they do.

Cryssy Jane

SO NBD still has not sent me a return label for my used carrier that was labelled in new condition. I am truly upset with this madness.

Today when I called *again* I was told they wouldn't be sending a label because 'too many people are sending new carriers back for no reason.'

Lilybug1

That's so weird. I told them the reason why I wanted to return the item was because of no UPC code. I didn't even open the box so I couldn't ascertain whether it was new or used. They gave me absolutely no problem. I didn't have to argue or ask twice. Maybe call back and speak to a manager. It makes no sense they would change their policy so drastically within 4 days.

Didn't you say the carrier looked used? This would further make your situation fall within a different category.

I'm sorry you're running into this problem.

daisypaige

Did they change the price at checkout or did you have to let it go and snatch it back up again?

Nevermind! Thanks so much to Jordansmom for sending me a PM about the FR85 this morning! It made me log in to NBD and keep watching to see what was happening with it. I decided asking couldn't hurt and called the 800 number to check on the price. Mindy put me on hold for a couple of minutes then came back on and said she had adjusted the price. It took about 20 mins (and lots of dropping/picking back up so as not to lose it) but it finally reflected the change to $126.99 (and it did so while it was in my cart, fyi). After the 10% off and shipping charges, total cost was about $122. I still can't believe it!

Thank you all so so much for your help on this site! I won't need it for a couple of months but feel so much better knowing it'll be here ready and waiting. Also gives me time to hunt down a second for DH's car.

poohbear

Nevermind! Thanks so much to Jordansmom for sending me a PM about the FR85 this morning! It made me log in to NBD and keep watching to see what was happening with it. I decided asking couldn't hurt and called the 800 number to check on the price. Mindy put me on hold for a couple of minutes then came back on and said she had adjusted the price. It took about 20 mins (and lots of dropping/picking back up so as not to lose it) but it finally reflected the change to $126.99 (and it did so while it was in my cart, fyi). After the 10% off and shipping charges, total cost was about $122. I still can't believe it!

Thank you all so so much for your help on this site! I won't need it for a couple of months but feel so much better knowing it'll be here ready and waiting. Also gives me time to hunt down a second for DH's car.

That's awesome that they did that. I know I called once before to ask about a price and they told me they price items based on what they pay at auction, not based on what other items have been priced at or retail price.

FWIW - I ended up getting a FR85 at Amazon for $180 using the baby registry 10% off discount so it was $180. I just didn't have time to stalk the site anymore. Ironically, I would have been able to get one of the FRs today for $180-10% (but wouldn't have had time to call and have it adjusted, so it was all good and someone else got a good deal). I do want to buy a MA70 though to replace my RA50...

sparkle3116

Lilybug1 said:
Despite some harsh opinions as of late, I think it was a really nice of thing of you to do to grab in case someone here wanted it. We are a shoppping community after all!

I agree. I have had great luck with cso people snagging stuff for me and vice versa.

daisypaige

That's awesome that they did that. I know I called once before to ask about a price and they told me they price items based on what they pay at auction, not based on what other items have been priced at or retail price.

FWIW - I ended up getting a FR85 at Amazon for $180 using the baby registry 10% off discount so it was $180. I just didn't have time to stalk the site anymore. Ironically, I would have been able to get one of the FRs today for $180-10% (but wouldn't have had time to call and have it adjusted, so it was all good and someone else got a good deal). I do want to buy a MA70 though to replace my RA50...

I thought about doing that with Amazon, but DH told me no FR85 unless I can get it for $150 or less, so no doubt NBD is my best bet. I do get a little worried about buying something I don't know for sure is 100% brand-new though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC