NBD August

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear

I don't think she was saying you should paypal anyone random. I think the point was that most times the release doesn't work. And you probably have paypaled virtual strangers if you've ever used eBay - it is the same thing. The only personal information you give is your email address - paypal provides your shipping address. Yes the person pays fees - I'm sure many people would be willing to pay an extra 3% to get the item they wanted (on a gluxe that would be less than $3). Paypal protects the buyer. The timed release may work, but more often than not, I agree with PP that it does not (believe me, I've tried it).

Personally, I'm of the belief that you shouldn't put anything in your cart if you don't actually want to buy it... ;) And I am in awe that people have time to actually keep getting all these items. I have no time to sit at the computer and refresh the site! LOL

You would buy the item and then the person would paypal you for it. It's a payment. The buyer is protected by paypal (and the seller is too to some degree). Ebay and etsy have nothing to do with paypal (other than the fact that eBay now owns Paypal and they all use paypal as their method of payment). You can use Paypal to pay anyone for anything. That's how people buy and sell on the swap section of the boards. If I wanted to buy a carseat you were selling you would say it was $100 and my paypal address is lilybug@gmail.com (or whatever) and I would go to MY paypal account and send you a payment. You would then print a label and ship to me. Whether or not the address is confirmed or unconfirmed is irrelevant. You should never give anyone else your paypal information. It's linked to a bank account or credit card.

Again, I don't think anyone is saying you should do this, just that you can. I know there are quite a few boards out there that use paypal as payment. I am on another board where I buy and sell quite a bit and that's how we pay for things. I am guessing the PP's point was that if you wanted to guarantee someone got the g-luxe, you could have bought it and then had her pay you for it rather than trying to orchestrate a release time. Things just go too fast on NBD. Especially once something has already been picked up. It's great that it worked for you once, but I'm guessing more often than not, it hasn't worked. And don't forget how many lurkers there are on the boards. They know you're going to release that stroller, even if you're doing it through pm. I very rarely post on the boards, but I check them all the time.

As for the other, I still maintain that if I'm on the fence I may put something in my cart or if one of my friends wants something I may put it in my cart, (but then I also order it for them) but then when I decide against something I release it. It's pretty difficult to have to come to this board and hope that someone is holding something you want and then hope that they'll pick you to release it to. It's just a thought.

:yeahthat: pretty much sums it up ;)
I use strollerswap a lot and we do everything through paypal. I've never had a problem ;). Wasn't saying you should, but that you could. I know a friend of mine in MN found a stroller on NBD that she knew I had really wanted so she just bought it and had it shipped to me. I paypaled her for it...

ADS

duckmama

I got my first dud from NBD this afternoon. The box looked perfect (labeled as an open box) but the feet were dirty, it was missing 2 screws, someone had stripped the screws it came with and the motor does not work nor do the lights light up (it's a bouncer) so what is the quickest way to get them to refund my money and send me a shipping label? They are already closed by phone.

ShellyJ

I got my first dud from NBD this afternoon. The box looked perfect (labeled as an open box) but the feet were dirty, it was missing 2 screws, someone had stripped the screws it came with and the motor does not work nor do the lights light up (it's a bouncer) so what is the quickest way to get them to refund my money and send me a shipping label? They are already closed by phone.

I have contacted them twice, once by email and once by leaving a phone message. Both times, they responded pretty quickly by email.

Cryssy Jane

I emailed again today so we'll see if they get back to me. They've pretty much lost me as a customer though, mostly because I no longer have time to stalk, but also because of the lack of customer service.

daisypaige

I will totally do the Paypal thing if a Frontier 85 comes up today and someone else snags it before I can get to it! They said more car seats and strollers are coming today (don't know when) on their facebook page.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Apparently I can't log in. I hit the "forgot my password" button and it told me I have to contact customer service because I have had 6 failed times of logging in. News to me, because I haven't tried to log in since I made the account and bought a pack'n'play.

duckmama

I am on the verge of crying. I had the b ready car seat adaptor I need in my cart and the site froze but because I could not log in as it was freezing customer service could not help me. I am having a baby in a week, I need that so much and I am about to break my computer I am so frustrated.

duckmama

Extra tall gate up, rock n play, b safe, chaperone, b ready second seat and car seat adaptor and zapp stroller all up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC