NBD August

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

Lilybug1

Willl keep you in mind if I ever snag it again, but JordansMom had one is her cart about a month ago and lost it because she was trying to do a favor for another mom by holding a Frontier, I think it was, but in waiting/holding, both of them timed out of her cart.

poohbear

FWIW - just releasing a hot ticket item for someone really doesn't seem to work. If you have something in your cart that you know someone wants and you really want them to have it, you pretty much have to buy it yourself and then have them paypal you. You can call NBD to change the shipping address. There are lots of people checking the site all the time and most of them are not on this board (I have a friend who stalks it constantly and she has never once looked at car-seat.org), so you have to assume if you release it, anyone can get it.

And Lilybug, I was not judging you, I was merely stating my opinion about what I thought. I worked retail for years and I saw one major retail chain completely change their return policy while I was working there due to customer abuse. I'm not saying you abuse the policy, but if enough people do enough things, policies change and prices go up. That's all I was saying. And as I also said, it's a judgment call.

Lilybug1

I was able to score a Britax Parkway SGL by doing a timed release through PM. The paypal thing is probably a sure bet, but most people are not comfortable sending money thru paypal or sharing their paypal information with a virtual stranger. Also, then the doesn't the person who receives the paypal money have to pay fees on that amount? That doesn't seem right. Anyhow, I certainly wouldn't run off with someone's paypal money, but it's a lot of trust in someone you don't know.

Lilybug1

And Lilybug, I was not judging you, I was merely stating my opinion about what I thought. I worked retail for years and I saw one major retail chain completely change their return policy while I was working there due to customer abuse. I'm not saying you abuse the policy, but if enough people do enough things, policies change and prices go up. That's all I was saying. And as I also said, it's a judgment call.

It actually did feel/sound to me like you were judging. Again, I'm not going to rehash the issue. I'm only saying this is a shopping forum and the UPC-less Britax products are a recurring problem, so I was sharing the facts and my experience about NBD's response to my receipt of UPC-less product, period.

glowworm

I was able to score a Britax Parkway SGL by doing a timed release through PM. The paypal thing is probably a sure bet, but most people are not comfortable sending money thru paypal or sharing their paypal information with a virtual stranger. Also, then the doesn't the person who receives the paypal money have to pay fees on that amount? That doesn't seem right. Anyhow, I certainly wouldn't run off with someone's paypal money, but it's a lot of trust in someone you don't know.

I don't think she was saying you should paypal anyone random. I think the point was that most times the release doesn't work. And you probably have paypaled virtual strangers if you've ever used eBay - it is the same thing. The only personal information you give is your email address - paypal provides your shipping address. Yes the person pays fees - I'm sure many people would be willing to pay an extra 3% to get the item they wanted (on a gluxe that would be less than $3). Paypal protects the buyer. The timed release may work, but more often than not, I agree with PP that it does not (believe me, I've tried it).

Personally, I'm of the belief that you shouldn't put anything in your cart if you don't actually want to buy it... ;) And I am in awe that people have time to actually keep getting all these items. I have no time to sit at the computer and refresh the site! LOL

Lilybug1

I don't think she was saying you should paypal anyone random. I think the point was that most times the release doesn't work. And you probably have paypaled virtual strangers if you've ever used eBay - it is the same thing. The only personal information you give is your email address - paypal provides your shipping address. Yes the person pays fees - I'm sure many people would be willing to pay an extra 3% to get the item they wanted (on a gluxe that would be less than $3). Paypal protects the buyer. The timed release may work, but more often than not, I agree with PP that it does not (believe me, I've tried it).

See I thought sometimes people will want you to login into their paypal account.

Will paypal protect the buyer when it's not linked to directly to an ebay/etsy/online visible sale? I don't know. I guess I've only ever used paypal for those stated purposes so that's why I'm unsure about it.

Also, I was getting something for my SIL and I tried to checkout using her paypal account and NBD would not send the item to an unconfirmed address on paypal. So while someone can pay with their own credit card and receive the funds through someone else's paypal, I don't think it's possible to receive the funds through paypal and then check out with your own paypal account to the other's person address (which would be unconfirmed).

All this paypal talk is so confusing, but I still would be uncomfortable sending money to someone outside of visible online purchase/auction.

Personally, I'm of the belief that you shouldn't put anything in your cart if you don't actually want to buy it... ;)

See, I felt that way too, until someone helped me score my first NBD purchase by getting me the Parkway. I really appreciated that. In JordansMoms case, I knew her sad story about how she lost the gluxe, so I wanted to help her out, but I normally don't go around snagging Frontiers unless I want one, which I don't anymore.

NBD is a huge time waster. I'm actually at work (it's slow lately) and not watching my kids, which would make stalking impossible. I've just about bought everything I could imagine I need and don't need at this point, so I think my days are numbered.

ShellyJ

I had the CCO in my cart while I decided if I wanted it or not. I was already leaning toward not getting it when I saw Marvin711 wanted it. I think knowing what time an item is going to release can help. It is not a guarantee, but there is nothing wrong with trying. I don't expect to get anything from NBD because it is hard to get the good stuff. It sure is fun to try though and feels great when you are able to score a deal or help someone else to. ;)

As for the upc thing, It is the people cutting the upc's off and returning items that ruin it for everyone. Someone trying to buy a product toward the promotion should be able to make their purchase count toward that goal. I know it may be a risk ordering from a place that sells returns. It was good that NBD was understanding enough to accept the item back again. Its not their fault either, but ultimately the blame goes to the jerk that cut it off in the first place, trying to get something for nothing. I know if it were me, I would have at least asked if I could return it too.

glowworm

See I thought sometimes people will want you to login into their paypal account.

Will paypal protect the buyer when it's not linked to directly to an ebay/etsy/online visible sale? I don't know. I guess I've only ever used paypal for those stated purposes so that's why I'm unsure about it.

Also, I was getting something for my SIL and I tried to checkout using her paypal account and NBD would not send the item to an unconfirmed address on paypal. So while someone can pay with their own credit card and receive the funds through someone else's paypal, I don't think it's possible to receive the funds through paypal and then check out with your own paypal account to the other's person address (which would be unconfirmed).

All this paypal talk is so confusing, but I still would be uncomfortable sending money to someone outside of visible online purchase/auction.

You would buy the item and then the person would paypal you for it. It's a payment. The buyer is protected by paypal (and the seller is too to some degree). Ebay and etsy have nothing to do with paypal (other than the fact that eBay now owns Paypal and they all use paypal as their method of payment). You can use Paypal to pay anyone for anything. That's how people buy and sell on the swap section of the boards. If I wanted to buy a carseat you were selling you would say it was $100 and my paypal address is lilybug@gmail.com (or whatever) and I would go to MY paypal account and send you a payment. You would then print a label and ship to me. Whether or not the address is confirmed or unconfirmed is irrelevant. You should never give anyone else your paypal information. It's linked to a bank account or credit card.

Again, I don't think anyone is saying you should do this, just that you can. I know there are quite a few boards out there that use paypal as payment. I am on another board where I buy and sell quite a bit and that's how we pay for things. I am guessing the PP's point was that if you wanted to guarantee someone got the g-luxe, you could have bought it and then had her pay you for it rather than trying to orchestrate a release time. Things just go too fast on NBD. Especially once something has already been picked up. It's great that it worked for you once, but I'm guessing more often than not, it hasn't worked. And don't forget how many lurkers there are on the boards. They know you're going to release that stroller, even if you're doing it through pm. I very rarely post on the boards, but I check them all the time.

As for the other, I still maintain that if I'm on the fence I may put something in my cart or if one of my friends wants something I may put it in my cart, (but then I also order it for them) but then when I decide against something I release it. It's pretty difficult to have to come to this board and hope that someone is holding something you want and then hope that they'll pick you to release it to. It's just a thought.

Lilybug1

Deleting my post...just feels like I'm belaboring the point, when I should just say thanks for enlightening me on another way to do things. Still not 100% sure it's for me, but will certainly entertain the paypal process if someone wanted to do that and I was in a position to help them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC