NBD August

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

duckmama

Did you get the regalo walk thru gate?

Yes I did, I believe with shipping it was $17. The box had been taped up like crazy but the whole thing was brand new and was listed as open box which but doubt it was ever opened. It is not considered a tall gate but it comes to my hips and I can say my 4 year could not climb over it. They have listed a few over the last week or so at the same price.

duckmama

I emailed to ask why and they said that this is just the standard fraud detection process.

Also, I got the Britax carrier and it did not have a UPC code. Serves me right for trying to score it for 1/2 off. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I called NBD immediately and told them the box was damaged in that it did not contain the UPC code and they gave me no problems. I received the shipping return label today. So I still love NBD!

Wow that makes me like them even more. I did not know we could return an item for box damage. Seriously every single item I have bought except the stroller by britax has had the upc code. They must just be picking up returns sneaky folks are buying and returning with no upcs.

Cryssy Jane

Lilybug1 said:
Did you try email?

Yep I have called and emailed. I am very disappointed with their customer service or lack there of. Between this and a previous issue I'm pretty much done with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Lilybug1

Wow that makes me like them even more. I did not know we could return an item for box damage. Seriously every single item I have bought except the stroller by britax has had the upc code. They must just be picking up returns sneaky folks are buying and returning with no upcs.
Sometimes an item is listed as damaged box so in that case it might be different. Here it was listed as opened/resealed. Nbd policy.says you can return for different condition than stated. But again they gave me no pushback so I didn't need to argue the point.

poohbear

Sometimes an item is listed as damaged box so in that case it might be different. Here it was listed as opened/resealed. Nbd policy.says you can return for different condition than stated. But again they gave me no pushback so I didn't need to argue the point.

Personally I think that's kind of a stretch. I guess you have to go with whatever you're comfortable with. My mom ordered Panasonic phones. The box came and she opened the panasonic box and there were AT&T phones inside. I got a box of diapers that was half full once. To me that's what is meant by not as described. The box being damaged from a liquidation site does not strike me as "not as described" if the item inside is in perfect condition. If they have to pay return shipping and restock a lot of items because of box damage, it's going to come out of somewhere and it's not going to be their profit. It's going to be their prices. Just my 2 cents...

kaharris83

Personally I think that's kind of a stretch. I guess you have to go with whatever you're comfortable with. My mom ordered Panasonic phones. The box came and she opened the panasonic box and there were AT&T phones inside. I got a box of diapers that was half full once. To me that's what is meant by not as described. The box being damaged from a liquidation site does not strike me as "not as described" if the item inside is in perfect condition. If they have to pay return shipping and restock a lot of items because of box damage, it's going to come out of somewhere and it's not going to be their profit. It's going to be their prices. Just my 2 cents...

ITA. NBDs description of open box even indicates the original packaging may have some damage, as well as they may not be in their original packaging. All of the boxes on my items I've purchased have been in awful shape when they are listed as open box. The items are new but the boxes are barely functional as boxes.

StillThankful

I called Britax but they aren't running the promotion.

I called the promoter and she was aware of what was going on but said that they couldn't police anything--that dishonest people are going to find a way around anything. It doesn't negatively affect them at all b/c the seats aren't coming from them.

I recalled Britax and she said that the promoter gathers the UPC codes and then get the seat directly from Britax. She said that she's going to pass on the word to Britax marketing. In essence, the retailers are ones paying the expenses--Amazon, NBD, and Britax. Some of the consumers are not paying for anything and getting a free seat.

I haven't entered the giveaway but I'm sure it's frustrating to mamas who actually paid for these 5 Britax items to get the free seat.

Competition ends APril 2012 (I think)....so after that point, I won't have hear about the UPC labels anymore (hopefully).

2 cents.

Lilybug1

See, I think the "damaged box" means just what it says, a damaged box. A box with a hole in it where the UPC code was is no less damaged than a box with a tear or dent in it. I personally think that getting into how different/off the description was in someone else's case versus my case is far too subjective for any company to conduct business with as a standard. NBD does not have a huge inventory and the main point of their business is buying returns and re-selling by disclosing its condition. They have a "damaged box" condition and I think they should use it.

I'm obviously not the only one with this problem. I personally would have never bought a Britax item listed as damaged box if I was mainly after the UPC code. I'm done with gambling for now and I won't buy anymore Britax items, despite the stated condition, that I solely need for the UPC code off a liquidation site. But I am not angry at all since I knew there was a chance of this occurring, but I am happy that NBD has such a generous return policy.

FWIW, I just sold a Britax carrier for $65.99 plus shipping with full disclosure of the missing UPC. I am sure I could have made at least $20 off this by re-selling, maybe even more since this one is organic, but frankly I don't want to make any representations about the "new and never used" condition since I am not the first purchaser of this item.

By the way, I didn't post this to be judged, but rather because if someone found themselves in a similar situation and were so inclined to try to return the item, I wanted to inform them of NBD's stance of this and return policy. This is shopping forum and I think returns are relevant to shopping online. Again, I didn't actually have to make or plead an argument of "damaged box" versus "opened/resealed." It was really like no questions asked from NBD's end.

I don't need to be shamed and, as far as I am concerned, I am done with this topic.

duckmama

Did they not put up anything new or is the newest to oldest feature just not loading today? I'm seeing all stuff that has been there since yesterday or the day before. What is the deal with the britax parkway, I am sure it must have sold on Monday and it is still sitting there as unavailible. I wish they would clear out sold items so we stop refreshing. There was a b ready they had as not published that showed for an hour yesterday that also drove me crazy, never had a price or description and it's hard to think they are not just messing with me.

ckelly626

There are always people who ruin it for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull it early. The promo rules specify that you have been given the item or purchased the item not just given the upc code. And it specifies such purchases took place before a certain date. I have every item on the list and would love a new seat (need one actually) but I bought the.items last year so its against the rules. No, they can't tell they're from last year and yes, they chose a very bad way to prove purchase but to claim the free seat would be dishonest. And those are my 2cents. ;)

Oh and it really is scummy of people to buy something and return it taking advantage of a stores return policy. Sorry its been happening to you. Amazon should flag people who do that.

I called Britax but they aren't running the promotion.

I called the promoter and she was aware of what was going on but said that they couldn't police anything--that dishonest people are going to find a way around anything. It doesn't negatively affect them at all b/c the seats aren't coming from them.

I recalled Britax and she said that the promoter gathers the UPC codes and then get the seat directly from Britax. She said that she's going to pass on the word to Britax marketing. In essence, the retailers are ones paying the expenses--Amazon, NBD, and Britax. Some of the consumers are not paying for anything and getting a free seat.

I haven't entered the giveaway but I'm sure it's frustrating to mamas who actually paid for these 5 Britax items to get the free seat.

Competition ends APril 2012 (I think)....so after that point, I won't have hear about the UPC labels anymore (hopefully).

2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC