Foonf as FF vs. Frontier85?

bnsnyde

Is there any data or information available that would make the Foonf a stand out for a FF seat over the Frontier85 in terms of safety (not convenience or length of use)?

I saw a bunch of photos and decided that RF, it's not for us. We'll just use our Radians. I also read it tested better FF than RF for the 6-year-old dummy, so I figure I should just be happy with the Radian and when those are outgrown, go FF. I also have to be able to see out my back, lol.

And it'd go in the 8th seat of a van. So maybe the Foonf wouldn't even install there well with belt, and I read the Frontier85 does.

Trying to avoid buyer's remorse eventually. Any crash data on the Foonf that REALLY sways you over the Frontier85?

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Honestly, buying a convertible for FF only use, seems like such a waste. Especially at the Foonf's price point. I can't imagine buying it for that purpose alone. It would have to have some real magical bubble powers. ;)

SavsMom

For a FF seat I would much rather go with the Frontier just due to the fact it doesn't sit up so high on a base and makes it easier for older kids to climb into.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
According to Clek, the react crumple technology creates a significant reduction in crash forces transferred to the child when forward facing. I don't understand enough of how it works compared to other seats to know how much is fact and how much is marketing, but that's what they say.

Size wise, it definitely is taller overall in the car though. This isn't a great angle, but this is a Frontier next to the Foonf (both are fully extended) prototype in my car:

bb00e81e.jpg

bnsnyde

Great photo, thanks!
Woah, that's one obstructed view. :)

I wonder why such a high base...if not for that...oh well.

Guess we'll be getting Frontiers.
I was just curious about crash data that might be useful (for head/neck) but I know the Frontier too advertises a crumple zone of sorts.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Great photo, thanks!
Woah, that's one obstructed view. :)

I wonder why such a high base...if not for that...oh well.

Guess we'll be getting Frontiers.
I was just curious about crash data that might be useful (for head/neck) but I know the Frontier too advertises a crumple zone of sorts.

Supposedly the Rigid LATCH makes a difference as well in crash performance, but that's not very helpful in your Ody unless your kids are super lightweights.

bnsnyde

The rigid latch feature would be worthless since we can't use it due to their weight. :(

That's such a pretty pink color!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC