Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question New Car Seats needed - help please!

I have a 3 month old baby, an almost 4 yo DS (35 pounds) and a 6yo DD (45 pounds)

My car which we use the vast majority of the time - I have the 4yo and 6yo in the 3rd row, and baby in the second.

Right now both 4yo and 6yo are in Britax Marathons.

Husband has a large sedan and in there is a Britax Marathon and an Evenflo Triumph Advance.
    In each car one Britax Marathon has just expired and the other one in my car will expire in Feb.

Is the Evenflo a 5 yr or 6 yr expiry?

Am thinking about getting Britax Frontier 85's for the 4yo and 6yo.

For DH's car what about getting the Maxi Cosi Pria 70 for baby and 4yo to share and a Maestro for 6yo or 4yo? Was thinking of getting the Parkway, but 4yo couldn't share that.
    With those options DH could take a combination of any 2 of the 3 children.

Then when baby out grows the Chicco Keyfit he's in now, put the Pria in my car and get a cheapish convertible for DH's car.

Thoughts please!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New Car Seats needed - help please!

Sounds like you have it figured out!! What are the vehicles exactly? Is your 6 year old booster ready? If so, boosters are fairly easy to move, so it wouldn't be that big a deal to have a 2nd seat for dad's car.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Unregistered

Re: New Car Seats needed - help please!

Quote Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
    Sounds like you have it figured out!! What are the vehicles exactly? Is your 6 year old booster ready? If so, boosters are fairly easy to move, so it wouldn't be that big a deal to have a 2nd seat for dad's car.
    Mine is a 2011 ford explorer and hubs is a Taurus

I really want to keep DD in a 5 point harness.