Easywalker Qtro pics and discussion (not a real review yet- SUPER pic heavy!)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So, I decided that my dream all-terrain was the Easywalker Qtro stroller. Easywalker is based in the Netherlands. They stopped distributing to the US a year or two back, but Buy Buy Baby/Bed Bath and Beyond still have the silver and black Qtro and carrycots in stock, Diapers.com still has several colors in stock as well, and various places around the web have accessories available. If you want the 2012 model, you can have it shipped from the Netherlands by babyjungle.nl, but that is significantly more expensive. They also have all accessories available to ship (which is not MUCH more than the list price for most of them if you can find them in stock, which is difficult here.) FYI: if you find accessories on clearance for the Easywalker Sky, they are also compatible with the Qtro, including the organizer/cupholder, carrycot (!!! This is how I got my carrycot for $53- it was marked as for the Sky but they are the same carrycot, and universally compatible with both strollers), uv/mosquito netting, etc. To check compatibility with a particular stroller you can check out the Easywalker website which has a chart for each stroller of compatible accessories. I have confirmed that even if an accessory is marked as for the Sky on the box, it will work with the Qtro if it's listed on the Qtro's page with Easywalker. :cool: (I have the Maxi-Cosi car seat adaptor because it came with my very gently used stroller; I do not, however, have a Maxi-Cosi Mico or a Cybex Aton, so no demo today. If I happen to be at a store that has them any time soon, I'll probably take some pics and add them. Easywalker does sell a universal adaptor, see their website and the babyjungle site for details.)

The models used for this demo were Maggie, 4, and Bridget, 6. Maggie's seated torso height is approximately 17"; her seated height to top of head is approximately 24", and she weighs approximately 42 lbs. at this time. Bridget's seated torso height is about 20"; her seated height to top of head is about 27"; she weighs about 55 lbs.

This is the Easywalker Qtro.
easywalker%25201707.jpg

Color is Aqua; no longer available new from almost anyone. I ended up finding mine used (very, very gently- she said she used it about 10 times and really, it looked better than most store floor models condition-wise) and a lovely friend in Minneapolis shipped it to me. The 2012 colors include an even lovelier blue. Diapers.com still carries the carrycot in Aqua.

Front view:
easywalker%25201708.jpg

Slot heights for the harness measure about 9.5", 12.5", and 16.5". Harness has a nice fleece looong cover for each strap, and is easy to buckle and unbuckle. A bit tricksy to adjust height wise, but not anywhere as difficult as my Mountain Buggy Urban Double's harness is. Also, tightening the harness was much easier than in most strollers I've tried, especially the top portion. I find the ones on my Maclarens, for instance, super-stiff. Not so here. Stiff enough to be difficult for a child to loosen, but easier for a parent to use.

Included storage: A nice roomy bottom basket (zippers on side open out if desired for easier access or to fit a larger item in) and pouch on back of stroller.
easywalker%25201705.jpg

Add-on storage available: clip-on parent organizer/bottle holder, with two insulated pockets sized for water bottles, lots of pockets including one for an mp3 player with a slot for the cord, very nice.
easywalker%25201706.jpg

I bought the organizer accessory (marked as for the Sky but compatible with both) for $12 shipped at cribs.com where it's on clearance. Still available there, last I checked. :)

Showing the total storage with the accessory added in, also shows the nice suspension on those back tires (suspension is even adjustable for more/less tension):
easywalker%25201704.jpg

Next up: pics with kids. :)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
This is Maggie in the most upright position:
easywalker%25201710.jpg

Scads of room, really.

Here she is with the canopy up, most upright:
easywalker%25201711.jpg

I didn't get a pic, but there is a window in the top of the canopy, to check on the child.

Side view, most upright position, canopy down but UV insert up:
easywalker%25201712.jpg

Front view with UV shade down, most upright:
easywalker%25201713.jpg

Side view, UV shade down, most upright position:
easywalker%25201714.jpg

Front view in middle recline position (of three- recline is adjusted with a unique zipper system, which I quite like!)
easywalker%25201715.jpg

She liked this position, I think it's what she'd want to use if she was sleepy.

Side view, middle recline:
easywalker%25201716.jpg

Most reclined position, and the footrest raised up:
easywalker%25201717.jpg

She was really quite too tall for this and didn't like it much.

Side view of most reclined position, footrest up
easywalker%25201718.jpg

It would be very nice for younger babies/toddlers, though. She was just too big for this.

Bridget, most upright position:
easywalker%25201719.jpg

She had about 1" of space over her head, which coincides with the 28"-30" headroom I measured from seat to top of canopy (depending on where you measure.) The stroller isn't REALLY designed for kids this big but it still pushed really nicely with her in it! Definitely good for those times when a big kid gets tired on a long day out and needs a little break. She said it was really comfy to ride in.

I had her try it with the footrest up and crossing her legs, she liked that pretty well too:
easywalker%25201720.jpg

This also shows the bumper bar's swing-away position; it snaps easily on and off and can be swung to either side, or removed, easily.

Frame and carrycot pics next!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
This is the naked frame. (Ok, I didn't take the organizer off, so not QUITE naked. ;) )
easywalker%25201721.jpg

While it seemed from the instructions like it would be really fiddly to put the seat on and off, it really wasn't that hard. Very intuitive; while there were a lot of straps and snaps, everything lined up easily and just fell into place, no wrestling required for either on or off. Did I mention that the seat is entirely machine washable? You just take the plastic support out. Oh, and even the cover for the bumper bar is machine washable! You can unzip the cover and it comes off for easy cleaning.

This shows the added-on bar that's necessary to use the carrycot (comes included with the stroller.) It snaps right on the same way as the canopy and bumper bar do. Very easy to use.
easywalker%25201722.jpg

The carrycot has a hook and lever system; you simply lift it on, slide the hooks on bottom onto the front bar and the add-on support bar, pull a handle at the bottom of the carrycot and it clicks into place. I found it very easy to put on and take off, and it could easily and safely be done with baby in the carrycot, no problems. (It is a two-handed job, though.)

View with the (included with carrycot) weather "muff"/cover on:
easywalker%25201723.jpg

Also included with the carrycot are the rain cover for the carrycot (oh, did I mention the raincover for the stroller is included with the stroller? I didn't get pics of either though) and the UV/mosquito netting cover for the carrycot.

Front view, netting on, muff off:
easywalker%25201725.jpg

This zips open in the "face" area for access to the baby; it also provides UV protection (like Solarveil does.) Very light and airy.

Side view, muff on:
easywalker%25201724.jpg

You can see how nice and big it is (I measured about 31" long interior space/mattress length), how good access to the basket still is, especially with that zip-out access, and how nice and tall that sun shade is.

I didn't get pics of the carrycot disassembled, but everything from the cover to the nice padded side bumper fabric can velcro/snap off, and be machine washed. Sheet was included (and another came with my stroller, though that's not listed as standard...) The mattress is fleece for water-repellency and very soft and comfy-seeming.

Lastly, seat back on and a folded picture. It's not the most compact fold ever, but it's not huge either.
easywalker%25201726.jpg

(Sorry, I was getting exhausted and overheated and needed to get back to bed at this point, so I didn't take pics of the naked frame folded. I also didn't take pics of the other included accessories, like raincovers, tire pump.)

The fold is easy to do; make sure the safety lock is off, grab two slider-type trigger pieces, pull up and push down.

The wheels can also easily pop off (and later back on) for more room in a trunk.

In conclusion, I adore it! :love: It truly IS my dream all-terrain stroller- the four-wheel version of a single version of my Mountain Buggy Urban Double, with a better canopy, and a few other nice convenience features that I am loving. I can't wait to be well enough to really use it and go on lots of walks with the baby! :D

I plan on getting the UV/mosquito net shade that zips in to the stroller seat at some point, and will update with pics of that if/when I do, as well as the car seat adaptor if I ever happen to have it with me at a place that has a compatible car seat.

I'll also add more info in a few months once I've had a chance to really push it up and down our hills and over our cracked and broken sidewalks, gavel, sand, and everything else- but from what little pushing I've done of it, it's going to be DIVINE!

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Awesome!! I love it! And great review!

So glad it is what you expected!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Thank you for pointing out that it existed to me! I was almost ready to settle for something second-best, not quite my dream but close, when you turned me on to it. :love:

jubgulia

Very cool! And I could still be convinced to part with my orange/aqua Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix if you desire something to place on those adapters. ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Very cool! And I could still be convinced to part with my orange/aqua Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix if you desire something to place on those adapters. ;)

I'm REALLY not a bucket person... If I found a killer deal on an Aton I'd buy it because, um, for hating buckets, I love that seat. :eek: But alas, I probably won't. Although if I did, it would go on my tax deduction expense list because I don't have a US bucket currently, and I really should have one for demos.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Thank you for the review. I had seen these quite a while ago on one of the flash sale sites (mamabargains perhaps?) and almost bought one more than once, but had never heard a first hand review of it. My dream stroller has always been a Mountain Buggy, but now I might just end up with one of these some time!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ketchupqueen said:
Thank you for pointing out that it existed to me! I was almost ready to settle for something second-best, not quite my dream but close, when you turned me on to it. :love:

You're most welcome! :love:

My organizer arrived too! Thanks! The buckle on the strap happens to hit right on the handle of my stroller. Grrrr. But I can make it work, just not quite as nice of a fit as if they'd had the buckle situated not so close to the organizer.

Perfect place for my phone and I like how the drink holders have mesh bottoms for condensation/drips and can fit my large sunglasses instead of a drink.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, it hits right on the edge of the Qtro too! I decided it's nice enough to be very worth putting up with that slight wonkiness. Also I twisted the straps around and that helped a little with stability.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So we took our first walk today! (I did actually end up with an Aton, but we used the carrycot- car seat pictures in the stroller at another time.)

The push on this thing is DIVINE. She didn't even seem to notice the bumps and jolts in the road, the suspension is so great. It felt like pushing air, not a stroller as heavy as this thing actually is!

And, height-adjustible handle wasn't a "must have" on my list of desired features (only a bonus) but man, did it come in handy when she decided she HAD to nurse, so I walked while nursing her and my 8 year old (who is about 4'2" or 4'3") ended up pushing the stroller for me- I just dropped the handle bar down and she had no problems whatsoever (well, except going up a curb, but she's never pushed a stroller over a curb before so I wouldn't expect her to know how to do it.)

The carrycot really will last as long as I think most babies could practically use it before rolling over (barring a disability or injury that prevents them.) It's long, as illustrated (the leg that's stretched out at the bottom indicates her actual length, her swaddle wasn't super-tight; she's almost 22 inches long!)

578468_10151181364859354_208674478_n.jpg

Here you can see, in a pic of the process of tucking her in to hold her in place in the carrycot, how awesome it looks from the side; I felt decidedly un-stylish in my post-surgical loungewear, but the stroller far outshone me on that count:

185143_10151181364969354_1311271798_n.jpg

And here is a pic of how happy she was all tucked in, even over the super-bumpy broken streets and sidewalks (until the aforementioned nursing need came up ;) ):

227836_10151181365024354_850691910_n.jpg

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
:love: She looks great! And by "she" I am referring to both Katie Sue AND the Qtro! ;)

I haven't made it to your other thread yet for some reason so wanted to say that I'm SO happy Katie is here! Congratulations!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC