Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician CrunchyMaineMama's Avatar

Phil & Teds Me Too High Chair

Anyone have one? How do you like it? Pros/cons?

I'd like something to use on the picnic table at the lake for DS. Would this fit the bill? Someone is selling one in a mama swap group that I'm a part of for $15, good deal?
    Rachel-CPST & Mom to 4 Now!
    J-7 Recaro Performance/Nauti, A-4.5 Frontier 85/Nauti, O-3.5 RFing Size4Me/RXT and M-3.5, RFing Size4Me/RXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member SuzaBanana's Avatar

Re: Phil & Teds Me Too High Chair

I've had one since 2008 & has been our main high chair for DD1 until DD2 needed it. It's been great for us & we take it traveling all the time since it's tiny. They retail new for $50, so $15 is an awesome deal!
    integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching

4. Thank You from:

I wanted to get one of these but the owner of a local baby boutique that carries P&T told me they were recalled.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

6. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I wanted to get one of these but the owner of a local baby boutique that carries P&T told me they were recalled.
    Yes, they were due to the small rubberized pieces on the underside of the hooks coming off & slipping. Mine fell off a couple years ago & I never got the "fix"
    But I've also never had a problem & really tighten the heck out of it so there's no chance it would slip anyway. I've had a 30 pound child in it without the original rubber or the fix & never ever had it close to slipping.

8. Thank You from:

Thanks. She seemed to think they were no longer available but that doesn't seem to be the case from what I'm reading online.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Carseat Crazy
    We have had one since 2007/2008 and love it. It works great and would be perfect for a picnic table

Sent from my iPhone

11. Thank You from:

CPS Technician CrunchyMaineMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned this. Thank you! I never think to check recalls on things The repair kit is still available on the P&T website so I think I will give it a try. I asked the seller if she'd take $10 for it given the recall.
    Rachel-CPST & Mom to 4 Now!
    J-7 Recaro Performance/Nauti, A-4.5 Frontier 85/Nauti, O-3.5 RFing Size4Me/RXT and M-3.5, RFing Size4Me/RXT

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyMaineMama View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned this. Thank you! I never think to check recalls on things The repair kit is still available on the P&T website so I think I will give it a try. I asked the seller if she'd take $10 for it given the recall.
    FWIW - the recall kit is a rubber sleeve that fits over the arms to make it stick better. Personally, I don't think it does anything. My BFF got the recall kit & used it twice & then ditched it, using the Me Too without any rubber bits like I do. She also had the slipping issue that the recall was for. Again, I *personally* think it's just a matter of tightening - don't think the rubbery bits do much of anything other than giving a false sense of security. Much like using shelf-liner under a car seat install, KWIM?