Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    T LaPrade

DS 5 1/2 complaining of leg pain in Marathon

My son is 5 1/2, 35 pounds, 41" tall. His straps are on the highest level for the marathon. I had not wanted to get another car seat, but for a year now, off and on he complains his legs hurt when we have longer drive time in the car. his knees are way out past the edge of the seat and I suspect the pressure on the back of his thigh is causing his feet to go to sleep.

He sat in a Regent this weekend, but said it was okay. We have a Honda Odyssey, so this seat would be in a captain's chair. Would it fit?

Is there anything else I can do to make the Marathon work a little longer?

thank you very much,

T LaPrade

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: DS 5 1/2 complaining of leg pain in Marathon

Is there some type of soft, supportive foot rest he could use safely? Having his feet supported might get some of the weight off his thighs. I've heard of some people buying the big white foam blocks from hobby stores and covering them with fabric and setting them on the floor of the car for their child. If this isn't a safe option, someone tell me!

Yeah, a foam block or Styrofoam cooler or stacked pillows are a safe option to give leg support.

CPS Fanatic

Kaylie complains about this as well. She either puts her feet on the front of the captains chair, props them up by my head or crosses her legs.
    Amy
    Mommy to Kaylie (12/15/02), Teagan (12/29/05) and Sean (12/8/09)

Carseat Crazy

Take a look at this thread. It talks about using a pool noodle and a rope.

http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/f...9421&tid=16605