Check event yesterday...

Aurezalia

CrazyBoysMom :love: and I got to work a seat check together yesterday!

I feel like we always hear the horror stories here, so it's nice to be able to share some good things. :)
The first car that came in that CBM and I grabbed, had a 10 year old girl who, from what I understood, had just transferred to a booster. :eek: Obviously, there's not MUCH to check there, but he wanted us to make sure she fit in it well, etc. He also had questions for us about the best thing to do when transporting her friend in the truck (Single cab, bench seat, lap belt in the middle seat). One of those parents that had definitely done research on their own!

The second car was a lot more involved. CBM started with me, and then had to abandon a little bit in to go grab another car - we had a HUGE turn out! :love: Mom had 3 boys, 7, 4, and 11 months. Came in in a HBB, FF, and RF. Said she RF'ed the older boys to 2, but after chatting with me wants to keep #3 RF'ing to 4, or as long as possible! We talked about a LOT - she even asked ME about how to handle winter coats when the need rolls around again! We talked about the 5 step test, when to switch to a booster, projectiles in the back, etc. She said when she got home she wanted to Facebook all the information for her friends. :love:

CBM said, although I didn't see any of it myself, that someone came in with a kid just over 1 who refused to RF. :( Besides that, everyone was great! It was SO NICE to have educated & receptive people to work with! Also, no extremely gross cars. :p

I just got an email from the coordinator and said that the statistics they pulled from the check, the misuse rate of the people we had coming in was 87.5%! :eek:

ADS

cookie123

Wow! Sounds like all went well. Glad you had a good event. There's never any very close to me so I get in about 1 a year. And a car seat .org buddy. Fun!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC