Buggy boards and the like

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Tell me about them. I have a Mac Volo. We're going to Disney next year. DD will be 7, but informed me that she will need a stroller at the parks because her legs get tired and it's hot in Florida :rolleyes:

I'm so not buying a double stroller for my 7 and 4 year olds. And DS will probably walk most of the time anyway.

How easy is the buggy board (or similar, sell me on something else) to get on and off, since I won't be able to fold the Volo up with it on? Does the board "flip up" towards the stroller or anything when it's not in use?

ADS

MFatt16

Do they work with umbrella strollers like the Volo? I would rent a stroller with a 4 and 7 yo if you feel like you really need it once you get going. Chances are you won't need it much and they are more than capable of walking. I have done Disney with strollers a few times and at those ages I don't feel it would be worth the hassle. That may have not been what you were looking for in a comment but I think the rentals are pretty nice and make more sense than a buggy board.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If your son will mostly walk, just have them switch off turns in the stroller if she gets tired. And you can rent a double at DW (unlike DL, where they only have singles) and I hear they fit older kids well, if you decide you need one.

chrislynn5

I have a Britax stroller board and we love it....but my 3 year old is the usually the only one that rides on it. I couldn't imagine pushing a 70ish pound 7 year old around. I would say, take breaks often and try to keep in mind that you are with kids that tire easily.

JCsMomma

How much does your 7 y/o weigh? My about-to-turn 6 y/o tried to ride on my buggy board around Christmas time and not only could I barely push the stroller (BJ classic double) but one of the connectors broke. He was around 60lbs at the time. I use the Bugaboo board on our Bee+ with my 3 y/o, but I won't let my son even stand on it because there is no way it would hold his weight.

I agree with the others, I'd either let the kids switch off in your single or rent a double when you get there. Having an extra seat in the stroller would also give you more room for jackets, blankets, snacks, etc...

Keeyamah

Yeah, I've toyed with the idea of getting something like that for my DS1 once his baby brother is here, but most of them I've found have a weight limit of 40lbs, and DS1 already is 40lbs. So for me they would be a waste of $$ when he's pretty much over or at the weight limit of almost all of them. Oh well, that's what I get for having a big boy.

Celeste

It's not that much of a price difference between buying the buggy board and renting a double stroller (I would recommend the city elite double from kingdom strollers)..... Bring your Mac from home incase there are times when you ny need a single...everyone will have room and it will steer better because it's made for that much weight!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
LOL, I forget that people have bigger kids... DD is *barely* 40lbs and 6.5. I can see her gaining a pound or two in the next year, but no more than that (if it help, she was 35lbs at 3.5... so in 3 years she's gained exactly 5 lbs, lol).

DS is 30lbs. I see DD riding in the actual stroller and DS riding on the board more than anything (just because DS hates riding in anything in general and would get a kick out of a board; he loves his scooter).

DD has... stamina issues, especially outside. She's a mega complainer. SHE was the one who informed me that she would require a stroller ("Mom, my legs get tired and Disney World is in Florida. It gets really hot in Florida, Mom).

DH loves the Volo because of the carry strap: so that when we aren't using it as a stroller he can throw it on his back or whatever. I toyed with the idea of selling the Mac to fund a Pliko on Craigslist, but DH wasn't really feeling it, and I worry that the footstand on the Pliko isn't one that they can really stand on for longer than like a minute.

I'm mostly thinking I'm going to want the stroller in the evenings, when we're out late for a parade or fireworks or whatever, and then have to trek back to the buses and back to our resort, and through our resort to our room. DD is a lightweight, but she's all limbs (wears a size 6 pant and they barely fit length wise) and can be a pain in the butt to try to carry when she's tired. DS is a sweatbox.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I was just looking up stroller rentals to see what the cost breakdown would be, and Orlando Stroller Rentals (DISBoards - Disney's version of CSO ;) - approved place) rents out the Baby Jogger Glider Board for $15 for 7 nights. Any chance that it would fit on my Volo? Because that's a good deal if it would.

ETA: I was reading reviews on Amazon and found this:

I have Maclaren Techno XLR Single 2011 and this product worked fine! You have to use second bar from the bottom,do not use the lowest bar it has brakes. It moves but it does not hurt my children....I do not run with it, I go for a walk.
My children are 3 1/2 and 6.I heard It could fold with stroller but I don't think I would do that.It is so easy to remove so I think I will just remove it and....ask husband to hold it! I am going to Japan for a short trip and will stay in Tokyo so I believe it is a "MUST HAVE" since there would be no space to sit for kids in a subway.

Looking at the Techno, it has the same back as the Volo, so I'm thinking this might work. My biggest drawback of buying a Bubby Board was the $70-80 for one (I would resell it after, but still).

ETA again: I found Kingdom Stroller rental that does BOB singles (what I just sold :rolleyes:) for $65. We made ours a double with one kid in the seat and one kid in the foot part... So I could always do that too I guess.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC