Show me your prias and CA!

atw

I'm about to purchase on of these, I like them both for different reasons. Could you share pics o your kids in them?

Tell me your love and hate too! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

lourdes

I don't have any in this phone but i can tell you we have the CA and i love the car seat but i hate the installation RF

Reactions: atw

thekatie

We have a Pria... Once I had installed it a few times, I thought it was super easy (both seatbelt and LATCH). The only real complaint I have about it is pretty petty - the headrest being gray shows water marks (rain, drool) and isn't washable so far as I know. Well, not removable and washable.

image-3989883393.jpg

That's J, 16 months, 21lb, not certain on height/length, but I think about 29-30". Give me a couple weeks and I might have pictures of my friend's 7 year old forward facing (1. if she winds up in the Pria & 2. if I'm given permission to post).

**and I have to say, I hope this works - I've never posted a picture from my phone here before!

atw

Do you bonk heads with the pria? The sides dont look too with him in there?

thekatie

There's plenty of space between the headwings. They're close enough that his head doesn't flop all over the place when he falls asleep in the car, but he's nowhere near being cramped... yet... I guess it could happen as he gets bigger?

atw

thekatie said:
There's plenty of space between the headwings. They're close enough that his head doesn't flop all over the place when he falls asleep in the car, but he's nowhere near being cramped... yet... I guess it could happen as he gets bigger?

Sorry! I meant down by his legs/ getting him in the seat. I bonk heads with a RN, so it's not a deal breaker....

thekatie

Oh! No, I don't, but I'm pretty short and drive an SUV so it's like the perfect height for me to load him. I've never bonked my head... Just dislocated my wrist ( not Pria related - bad joints, it happens with every seat :( )

HaileysMommy

DD is 3y8m 35" tall 13" torso 33lbs. I just moved her to the center spot and I think I need to change the recline on the seat. It's in the 3rd (and last) recline.

It installs easy with latch. I haven't tried a seat belt bc I need a locking clip. When it cools down I will give it a try. There is plenty of room in the seat side to side and I love the amount of legroom. Reminds me of the MY. I thought DD wouldn't hate the wings but she likes them and I like the protection. My car is a 02 Sebring. I can try it FF if you need.

View attachment 17558

View attachment 17559

Last edited:

atw

HaileysMommy said:
DD is 3y8m 35" tall 13" torso 33lbs. I just moved her to the center spot and I think I need to change the recline on the seat. It's in the 3rd (and last) recline.

It installs easy with latch. I haven't tried a seat belt bc I need a locking clip. When it cools down I will give it a try. There is plenty of room in the seat side to side and I love the amount of legroom. Reminds me of the MY. I thought DD wouldn't hate the wings but she likes them and I like the protection. My car is a 02 Sebring. I can try it FF if you need.

Yeah, that leg room is intense! No need ff, unless you want to do it for fun. I don't plan on ff this seat for a great while.

Question on the pria...it's headrest they outgrow, not shell? Or the 40 inch thing?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Here's Sam in the CA. He's about 3 1/2, 33# and 39" (and WAY more legs than torso) here:

3-11-12011.jpg

3-11-12012.jpg

3-11-12015.jpg

atw

EmmaCPST said:
Here's Sam in the CA. He's about 3 1/2, 33# and 39" (and WAY more legs than torso) here:

Will you be minding the 40 in rule? Curious ;)

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
atw said:
Will you be minding the 40 in rule? Curious ;)

He used it a bunch of times RF over 40" so no. :) He has such a small torso and he's so light that I had no qualms going over the height limit. He went FF full time about six months after I got it though (only bought it because I found it for $65 on clearance). I didn't like it enough to keep it to use RF for kid #2 and I have a bunch of combination seats already so I decided to just sell it.

atw

Ok..couldn't see your sig before, and was thinking you had him ff now. Interesting. Even though I kind of despise high bases I feel like the pria is winning me over...

HaileysMommy

atw said:
Yeah, that leg room is intense! No need ff, unless you want to do it for fun. I don't plan on ff this seat for a great while.

Question on the pria...it's headrest they outgrow, not shell? Or the 40 inch thing?

Yes the headrest and for RF they can be EVEN with the headrest. And I do think it has a 40" rule that I'll be ignoring. But I don't think I'll ever have to worry about that.

amelia222

Here is Alice in the CA last week. She is 3yo, 37" and 30lbs.

403912_10151087260406508_613980225_n.jpg

She loves it and doesn't get headslump when she rides in it ff either which is a huge plus.

atw

Hey, thanks again everyone. I got a chance to play with thePria, but A wouldn't sit in the CA.

Question for y'all...I assume the same issue with the harness adjuster/headrest being connected in the CA? I loved the pria, but felt like putting the head rest where I liked it put the harness above her shoulders. Is this the reason for the "even" with head rest thing? Does that give anyone else pause re: ramping up? I did love my sons fit and he clearly had lots of leg room, and ultimately this seat is bc of him-she will make it to near 4 in any seat. But just want to check if it's the case with these adjusters that theres trade off for head rest height vs harness height?

I LOVED it, but won't likely have another noob, So I'm kinda looking to rationalize. :scratcheshead: and to make sure it'll work for my big-headed babes!

HaileysMommy

When DD can be bumped up harness wise she will still have an inch above her head so I'm not worried about ramping up.

atw

HaileysMommy said:
When DD can be bumped up harness wise she will still have an inch above her head so I'm not worried about ramping up.

Ok. I think there was a solid inch where I like it too, I should've snapped pics, but do you notice it's tighter down on her shoulders than other seats designed similarly? It just concerns me that her head seemed like it could be close to even or above headrest When harness is properly below shoulders. Maybe it's her huge head-lol, so maybe it doesn't work for her? :( I'd be sad!

HaileysMommy

atw said:
Ok. I think there was a solid inch where I like it too, I should've snapped pics, but do you notice it's tighter down on her shoulders than other seats designed similarly? It just concerns me that her head seemed like it could be close to even or above headrest When harness is properly below shoulders. Maybe it's her huge head-lol, so maybe it doesn't work for her? :( I'd be sad!

Lol I guess it could be a problem if a child had a huge head. The headrest adjustments are very small though so it won't actually be below her shoulders for long. I'll try to mess with it tomorrow and see if I can make her head go above. I'll take pics.

atw

:) catching up here. I'm talking giant, think 90+ percentile on a 25th percentile body. Poor girl, but she's got adorable and charming going for her!

And you can see why I'm committed to ERF :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC