Umbrella/Lightweight stroller w/flat recline

wnkw

Suggestions? I'm still considering the n-nimble. $100 or under would be nice. Probably no more than $150. We can't take our b-ready on vacation, so we need something small (the more compact the better ). Would need to be suitable for a 6 week old. Would also be nice if 5yr/49lb/43in dd could fit, too.

ADS

Dorothy

wnoelw said:
Suggestions? I'm still considering the n-nimble. $100 or under would be nice. Probably no more than $150. We can't take our b-ready on vacation, so we need something small (the more compact the better ). Would need to be suitable for a 6 week old. Would also be nice if 5yr/49lb/43in dd could fit, too.

Does Albee have any Blinks left? That might work for you.

ETA- A Blink is just an older B-Nimble, right?

Sent from my phone using the app :)

wnkw

I didn't see them .. they don't accept the chaperone (which we do have). I think that's the only bog difference. I couldn't even find one on ebay.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Have you checked Craigslist? The Maclaren strollers (the ones that have recline) recline flat enough for a 6 week old (it's just baaaarely above horizontal) and are often on my CL for that price range.

wnkw

We don't have anything like that on any craigslist within 2+ hours :(. A friend has a triumph. Do y'all think that would be okay? I don't plan on using a stroller a lot but would like to have one just in case..

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm not sure how flat a Triumph reclines? It's listed as from 6 months.

I think the Techno and the Quest are the two that recline close to flat.

You can take a look at it though.. with a head support it might work for you.

stephpook

Chicco Liteway? It's $140 at BRU and can be used from birth. Not sure about the upper weight limit (might only be 40 pounds) but my 31 pound 3.5 year old fits fine.

wnkw

stephpook said:
Chicco Liteway? It's $140 at BRU and can be used from birth. Not sure about the upper weight limit (might only be 40 pounds) but my 31 pound 3.5 year old fits fine.

I looked at it. I have somethings to return to bru that would total about 120 and they have a couple of the chiccos for 110. It is 40lbs but dd1 doesn't *have* to fit. I've seen + and - reviews...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Putting a kid in who is a few lbs. over the limit (3 lbs. over is not a lot) isn't going to be dangerous in that stroller; the seat won't collapse or anything. What will happen is it will be harder to push and steer, and wear out the wheels faster. So if you do go that route, and she NEEDS to go in, you can probably make it work.

jgomez411

Have you looked at the Joovy Scooter? It lays almost flat. We have the Joovy Kooper which we love but that's about $150 compared to $100 for the Scooter.

Blondie87

I was going to say the Chicco Liteway too. I just got a NIB one at Goodwill for $66, haven't used it yet but it seems great.

I took these a week or so ago for my friend.. Ignore the missing wheel, I just received the replacement.

Upright-
20120716_154054.jpg

20120716_154303.jpg

Reclined-
20120716_154125.jpg

20120716_154134.jpg

Folded-
20120716_154347.jpg

20120716_154340.jpg

I love that it has a carrying handle too! And it locks super well.

wnkw

jgomez411 said:
Have you looked at the Joovy Scooter? It lays almost flat. We have the Joovy Kooper which we love but that's about $150 compared to $100 for the Scooter.

Id rather have the umbrella fold. How small does the kooper fold? We've had a Graco something a couple years ago that was an umbrella fold but still pretty big. Im still considering the b-nimble. Finding something at bru would be a plus since I wouldn't have to come up with anything or much after returning some shower gifts. I hate to spend much considering I was planning on buying a bjcm in a few months.

jgomez411

Ok so I'm posting a couple pics of the Kooper folded in my husband's trunk. He has a 2012 Civic but even with all his work tools it still fits and it fits behind the third row of my Expedition.

I'm guessing it's about a foot wide when folded up, so a little wider than a regular umbrella but it's not bad.

Before we bought the Kooper, we had looked at the Liteway but with our 20 pound, 32" 19 month old, it seemed really wobbly and she didn't have very much growing room. She still has a ton of room above her head in the Kooper.

Attachments

• image-3066812185.jpg
    image-3066812185.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image-897239347.jpg
    image-897239347.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 17

wnkw

Any idea how it compares size wise folded to a combi helio? I think that's what we have. The one with the wider seat. I absolutely hate it or id just use it.

wnkw

Is a bjcm suitable for a 6 week old?? Are there any bru coupons that work on bj? Maybe I should buy one sooner than later.

Celeste

I would have no problem using a bjcm for an infant... Would probably want a liner and maybe a headrest depending on the infant... Also agree that a Mac quest would work for all of your kids...

aporthole

I've used our BJCM with our babes as newborns. The Kidopotomus Snuzzler works perfectly when they are itty-bitty and I was able to put my daughter in it comfortably without the Snuzzler by 3 months old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC