car seat recalls question

Simplysomething

NOTE: This is not regarding any NEW recalls.

I was looking at the site with all the car seat recalls specifically the cosco page.

I noticed this at the bottom of the recall for the arriva and turnabout:
NOTE: THIS ACTION IS DEEMED A SAFETY IMPROVEMENT CAMPAIGN AND IS NOT BEING CONDUCTED UNDER THE SAFETY ACT.

What does that mean?
What is the safety act? I'm nosey. lol

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Sorry, i'm not really sure but . . .

In Canada we have: public notice which is: A Public Notice is issued when products do not comply with safety standards or are defective. (sounds like a recall, just different wording.) Sample Public Notice

and

Consumer Information Notice: A Consumer Information Notice is issued when there is a general problem with a restraint that does not relate to compliance or defect. Here is a sample of a Consumer Information Notice

So, maybe it is just the wording they used and it is more like a Consumer Information Notice :confused: Sorry, not really sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC