Question Size 4 me

mlohry

DD is riding in the MA 70 right now at 36 inches tall and 29lbs. She is 3.5 years old. She still has a little space most days RF in the MA, but she is so happy RF, I really can't see why I would need to FF her especially since she's small. I like Graco seats, my boys each had Natis. I tried my hardest to find the size 4 me locally with no luck, but just wondering if it would be a good option. Heck maybe DD could RF to like 6 years old in it. I do know the 40" rule, but would be comfortable going higher. How is the seat FF, is there head slump? DD I am sure will continue to be a car sleeper and that would be a big consideration for a FF seat. Will this seat last as long FF as a Nati for height? Not worried about weight as my 9.5 year old just turned 60 lbs. How about comparisons for length of use over the MA70? Anyone install it captains chair in an Ody? 05?? Thanks for the help!

ADS

SavsMom

The top harness height is 17.5....so just shy of the Nautis 18" top harness height.
I saw one at BBB a few weeks back and it looks like an excellent seat.
I know there area few folks on here that bought one, hopefully they can chime in with what they think.

mlohry

SavsMom said:
The top harness height is 17.5....so just shy of the Nautis 18" top harness height.
I saw one at BBB a few weeks back and it looks like an excellent seat.
I know there area few folks on here that bought one, hopefully they can chime in with what they think.

Did you buy one? How far is buy, buy baby from us in FL? I've never been to one. I REALLY hoped I'd find a seat to look at here. I think it would be a great option for us.

SavsMom

I didn't buy one because it would be a waste for a 4.5 year old who would never use it rear facing, but I really liked it and was very tempted. Good harness height, cupholder, easy harness adjustment, good leg room. Its like someone else said, its like an Argos and a MyRide had an affair, loll!
The closest BBB to us is in the Lauderdale area. I stopped after an airport run just to look at seats :)

mlohry

SavsMom said:
Look up BBB locations on your trip back down....it might make a good rest stop on your drive :)

Good idea!! We are stopping in WI and I think they have 1 on the drive ;)

Lucy is 3.5, but so happy RF and little, so I think I could justify a seat that will keep her RF much longer. If she was protesting, I'd reconsider. She doesn't know anything different.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I like it FF... actually better FF than RF, which is highly unusual for me. No head slump in either direction thus far (at least not that I've noticed.) It's a bit short on RF leg room, which surprised me after the MR.

mlohry

Carrie_R said:
I like it FF... actually better FF than RF, which is highly unusual for me. No head slump in either direction thus far (at least not that I've noticed.) It's a bit short on RF leg room, which surprised me after the MR.

Do you have experience with the MA70 RF? How would you compare leg room? I know some people say the MA70 doesn't have enough, but DD is perfectly comfortable and does all the configurations with her legs.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't, but I would say it's got more leg room than the RA50 but definitely less than the MR or RN. The kids have never complained, but I was having trouble getting the three year old buckled into the RA50 & the 4yo into the S4M. So I moved the 3yo to the S4M & the 4yo to the RN and it's much easier. The 5yo in the S4M was a disaster, she's ALL legs and the seat was just not a good fit for her.

Part of the issue is that the crotch buckle must be on the rear setting RF, which means it's very short on larger kids. So between that and all of the legs, I did a shuffle. 3yo who rides there is maybe 36-37" and 33-35 lbs... Depending on which twin sits there. I can m measure on Monday. It's on the 3rd or 4th harness height.

MyTwoSons

I :love: the size4me! My 4 yr old has sat in it FF and said that it is very comfy, but he hasn't been in the van in it or tried sleeping in it; though it doesn't seem like it would cause head slump at all.

My 21 month old RF's in it. He is around 33" and 26lbs. I can measure tomorrow to let you know how much of that is torso versus legs. This is the only legroom shot I have and it was last month; I've since changed the angle of the seat a bit so his feet hit at a different spot now. I really love how deep the seat is, and the head wings. DS seems very comfortable in it, and sleeps wonderfully in it.

DSCN2928.JPG

I don't have any experience with the MA to compare, or the Ody. I did have problems getting it installed with seatbelt (2nd row bench of '01 Caravan); but it seems to be vehicle dependent as I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue. The following link is to a thread about the issue including pics in photobucket.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=225772

Maggie

Monica, where are you stopping in Wisconsin? You can pm me if you want. If you're coming my way at all you can take a look at mine, I'd be willing to meet you somewhere too. (and buy it if you like it ;) ) We went down to the bbb in brookfield and they looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked about the seat.

mlohry

Maggie said:
Monica, where are you stopping in Wisconsin? You can pm me if you want. If you're coming my way at all you can take a look at mine, I'd be willing to meet you somewhere too. (and buy it if you like it ;) ) We went down to the bbb in brookfield and they looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked about the seat.

We are going to be in Colgate, which is just a few miles from Brookfield I just found. Maybe we can stop try the seat out, see if we like it and if we do we could meet up with you.

atw

mlohry said:
There's a BBB in Woodbury??? Since when? I looked at BRU and no one had it :(

It opened in the last yr iirc. Maybe last fall? I haven't been yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

mlohry

atw said:
It opened in the last yr iirc. Maybe last fall? I haven't been yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Well, well...I might have to road trip it out there tomorrow...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC