Evenflo Vision for $30 at Big lots

Shaunam

I didn't see any threads about this yet. I know it's not the best seat, but it works well in some circumstances, like my own...skinny kid with a long torso. DS outgrew the scenera in my mom's car so we went half and half and got him one. So I only paid $15. Can't beat that! :D

He has an evenflo chase in my MIL's car, but he's probably going to outgrow the harness before he hits 3. He just doesn't have much room left. But in the vision, he's below the middle slots. :confused: I assume because it's less padded and maybe the slots are a bit higher anyways. He might actually make it to 40 lbs in that one.

And the one I got was manufactured in June 07. So not old at all. :thumbsup:

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I LOVE this seat~
It's what we have for my dd, and yes, the slots are AWESOME high.
somehow, she gets a good inch or more in height in this thing over any other seat?
Plus, it instalss so well in everytrhing we have ever tried, in about 30 seconds!
The only caveat is that MOST kids who would fit in this seat *could* still be RF, since it only goes up to 40 pounds, but for someone who just wouldn't be RF anyway, it's a great seat with HIGH slots for FF.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The slots are 13, 15 and 17
HOWEVER, due to something about the shape of teh seat or whatever, DD has a good inch or so in height in her Vision over other seats which also claim a 17 inch top slot??

For example, the Ma top slot is at 17.5, and yet, dd has just a tiny bit MORE room in her vision, than in an Ma.....?? In another post, I have pics of dd in both her vision and a new triumph advance seat...
she has barely an inch in the triumph adv, which claims a top slot height iof 17 inches, and just over 2 inches left in her Vision...?? Here is a link
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=192252#post192252

the top picture is the new triumph adv, with about an inch left.

the bottom picture (ignore the middle picture, it's a titan, lol) shows dd in her vision.....there is clearly SO much more room in that than the triumph.
perhaps it's my vehicle, i'm not sure, but for us, the vision just gives us so much more torso height than any other seat with similar measurements.....

elle7715

Oh wow, that's great! We need another seat for my mom's car (DD will outgrow the Cosco combo seat soon) and I was going to have to buy an Apex. DD is very skinny for her height (see my siggy) so the 40 limit doesn't concern me at all. Thank you! :)

Shaunam

elle-your DD has the same exact stats as my son! 27 lbs 37" and 2 1/2 years. :D When was she born?

elle7715

12-21-04, so they're a month apart :)
She's built like me, tall and gangly LOL. Her brother is exactly the same height as she was at his age, but weighs at least two pounds more.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Oh wow, that's great! We need another seat for my mom's car (DD will outgrow the Cosco combo seat soon) and I was going to have to buy an Apex. DD is very skinny for her height (see my siggy) so the 40 limit doesn't concern me at all. Thank you! :)

LOL, we had the cosco seat first too!! The vision slots are a lot higher!

Although, i have to ask.......why not get a RF scenera, if she is only 27 pounds and 37 inches? My dd is 31 pounds, and 37 inches, and a LOT of that is torso....and yet she still has a LOT of room RF, height-wise, in a scenera???? Although I love my vision, if I had known about extended RF when I got it, I would have gotten a scenera instead.....

elle7715

She's just about too tall to RF in the Scenera. She's still RF in our car in a Marathon. So in order for her to be RF in my mom's car we'd have to buy a $200+ seat. The money just isn't there and there's a few practical reasons why she's forward facing in my mom's car. She was exclusively rearfacing until she was 2 so I'm not going to stress (too much) about her FF 1-3 times a month. It's too bad because I think she'd love that girly Scenera!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
She's just about too tall to RF in the Scenera. She's still RF in our car in a Marathon. So in order for her to be RF in my mom's car we'd have to buy a $200+ seat. The money just isn't there and there's a few practical reasons why she's forward facing in my mom's car. She was exclusively rearfacing until she was 2 so I'm not going to stress (too much) about her FF 1-3 times a month. It's too bad because I think she'd love that girly Scenera!

In addition to us having similar dd's, I just realized that my dd's first eat that she used RF, is that exact same comfortsport that your ds is sitting in!! LOL! Are you my twin?:love:

elle7715

In addition to us having similar dd's, I just realized that my dd's first eat that she used RF, is that exact same comfortsport that your ds is sitting in!! LOL! Are you my twin?:love:
LOL! That seat drives me nuts! But we'll only be using it for another month and then it will be a spare. It was bought back in the days when I choose car seats by how much padding they had. :p. DOM the day after my daughter was born, and the DOM of our Alphasport is her 1st birthday.

Shaunam

Although, i have to ask.......why not get a RF scenera, if she is only 27 pounds and 37 inches? My dd is 31 pounds, and 37 inches, and a LOT of that is torso....and yet she still has a LOT of room RF, height-wise, in a scenera???? Although I love my vision, if I had known about extended RF when I got it, I would have gotten a scenera instead.....[/QUOTE]

elle's DD and my DS must also have the same torso too because DS is also too tall to rf in the scenera. He can *barely* if he's wearing underwear, but he won't be able to for long and he's not using the potty well enough to go diaperless yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC